Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thrilled to announce we earned our WCRL Rally RL2 title which is off leash. She did beautifully this morning and we earned our third leg needed for RL2 title. But silly girl, in the afternoon we ran Level 2 again and she decided to leave the ring half way through the course when it veered close to the exit. She didn't run out, but she was done performing.

We're struggling with working off leash. I don't want her to zoom so tomorrow I requested to switch our level 2 to a Intro run which is on leash.

We're at the point where we need to be competing off leash and I don't know how to get her to consistently work with me off leash. Is it just maturity?

I was happy that her "zooming" was mild compared to what some of the dogs did. There is a professional dog trainer and her dog zooming running circles inside and out of the ring going through the entrance gate into the ring then out the exit gate and back inside again multiple times.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Congratulations on your new title, Skylar!! :adore: Off-leash is a huge step up and it seems like many dogs (mine included) have at least some challenges with it.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zooeysmom, this off leash is a real bugaboo.

We earned another title - RL1X - we've competed in the B level 1 and qualified 10 times earning that title too. I went onto WCRL to check our scores and counting up how many times we qualified - oops - I should have mentioned it today when they were handing out the ribbons. Oh well, I'll mention it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Congratulations!

In AKC rally you can continue the course if the dog steps out of the ring as long as no one touches them and you can call them back from where they left you. Can you do that in WCRL?

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can. There’s a time limit by which you have to get them back working.

I could see she was done. She was standing waiting for me to go to her at the exit and wouldn’t come to me when called.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
I hear you. Sometimes they just don't feel it, but in the future you should get her back and let her know that you will keep going even if just to play at it. That will help you get your off leash in better shape.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
Way to go, Skylar! I'm kind of dreading letting Noelle off leash, too. Sometimes your dog is just done doing stuff. Thank you Catherine for the suggestion of just playing around and finishing the course anyway, because I can see how that will be helpful for Noelle.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Congrats and lots of praise for you in Rally. Good wishes as you continue in the sport.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Congratulations! Y'all are really doing wonderfully - I hope Zoe and I are that successful. That's far in the future for now, but I can dream.

Since Babykins is Zoe's "cousin", I'm hoping we will follow in a family tradition.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Way to go! Congratulations!!!! Now go hang all the pretty ribbons!!!!:cheers2:

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Way to go!

WCRL is the first venue I ever showed in--back when it was called APDT. That's where I got hooked on going to trials.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Way to go!

WCRL is the first venue I ever showed in--back when it was called APDT. That's where I got hooked on going to trials.
WCRL, at least where I live, seems to be the most friendly, welcoming trials which is why I started here too.

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
580 Posts
WCRL, at least where I live, seems to be the most friendly, welcoming trials which is why I started here too.
That's the way it was for me! I walked up to the run order board and confessed that it was my first trial of any kind and people were VERY welcoming and helpful. That was maybe 10 years ago and I've made many fast friends at that club.

M

1 - 15 of 15 Posts