Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Rhonda and my husband and I are wanting to buy a female standard poodle. We have a house with a large fenced in yard. We love taking walks and would spoil our poodle with love and toys and of course walks with us.

·
Premium Member
23,200 Posts
Welcome to PF. You will love having a standard poodle. If you let us know where your search area is and what your time frame for finding a pup I am sure there will be people who will offer breeder suggestions. Also if you are on FB you can look for a group called Poodles From Health Tested Litters.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Just be sure to purchase a pup from a breeder that does all the necessary DNA/OFA health testing to make sure you get the bet odds in finding a healthy pup! Do look in our Poodle Talk subforum for recommended poodle breeders too! No matter what, DO YOUR RESEARCH!

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
Welcome to PF! Let us know your travel range and members will chime in. We are fortunate to have a lot of fantastic breeders of Standards, in the U.S. and Canada.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here. I am older and have been a dog person my entire life. However I have my 1st standard poodle and thankful he came from a repute able background. I really got lucky with this. I wish I had a poodle earlier on in my life as I am enjoying him so much. They are smart and quick to learn, mine is so cleaver that I have to be aware that I'm the one in charge at times. LOL There are several reputable st poodle breeds near me so I was very fortunate. What areas are you looking in?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Looking for info on pedigree, titles and health testing of the parents and didn’t find this on the FB page. Do you have a regular web site?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Be sure when looking for a puppy to look toward a reputable breeder. Backyard breeders are getting quite cleaver in their ads but their dogs have not shown, and seldom a breed worthy. They are not health tested. Yes some will say they give a health guarantee but know what that is, it isn't just a checkup at their vets office saying the dog is healthy but it is test on the parents and generations before showing that the dogs are not passing on bad genes, ie. hip dysplasia, progressive retinal atrophy, epilepsy, Addison's disease, thyroid issues, hypoglycemia, bloat, and collapsed trachea.
You will get lots of recommendations on here from long time forum members on breeders who are reputable.

·
Premium Member
23,200 Posts
puppylovepoodles you are violating forum rules to advertise a puppy on the forum.

Here are the relevant rules:

• 8. You will not post any messages anywhere on this site that are for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, products, email address, business, MLM activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (No Self-Promotion). If you wish to become a forum vendor or sponsor please contact the forum administrator.

You cannot solicit members publicly OR privately for any of the above. Doing so will result in an indefinite suspension of your account.

Do not post links and/or references in signatures, posts or anywhere on PF to other forums, message boards or online communities.

• 9. You will not post any messages that pertain to advertising/selling dogs or puppies (or any other live animal), or advertising/seeking any breeding services such as a stud dog or breeding your bitch. PF does not act as a medium to facilitate breedings, and all such type of threads will be deleted.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Thanks for posting the rules lily - I think the forum members try to be so helpful, they forget some of these. Pupylovepoodles, offering puppies or dogs for sale (or as the rules state, stud or bitch services) is prohibited on the public forums. Obviously the OP is looking for guidance on finding a well bred pup, but any offers of animals for sale must be taken to private messaging. Public self promotion is not allowed. Rhonda, good luck on finding the perfect family member!! Poodles ROCK and I think EVERYONE should have one!! :)

Barb Plum

Reactions: lily cd re
1 - 10 of 10 Posts