Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tilly-cat has been doing something called research and she has found out that it is very, very bad for humans to sit all day, especially sitting all day playing with tippy tappy screens, so we have all been making a real effort to make Mum get up and move about every 10 minutes or so and it is really hard work thinking of enough reasons once we have all been fed and had a walk and I've been out for another pee and Tilly has said the water bowl needs filling up and Pippin has asked if he can have a bit more food as he's been poorly and I've crept up on the cat litter tray to see if there is anything interesting in it yet and Sophy has pretended to hear the post lady three times and I've said perhaps I need another poo. And Mum is not in the least bit grateful - this morning she said she was trying to sort out some complicated payments and Did Not Want to be Disturbed, and she really meant it so we didn't, but it will be all her fault if she gets ill from sitting too much, is all I can say.

Poppy xxx

[Passwords, pin numbers, access codes, one digit error meaning close Safari to clear history and start all over again - all this and helpful animals too!]

·
Administrator
14,436 Posts
Peggy thinks you’re doing a very good thing and would like to suggest the following, should you run out of ideas:
  • Remove one article of clothing at a time from the laundry basket and parade it around the house
  • Quietly slide a magazine or newspaper off the pile and then make a good deal of noise while you toss it in the air repeatedly
  • A good old fashioned Slap With The Paw can be very effective (aim for either the face or the tappy screen, ideally alternating between both)

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Neo suggests trying the direct approach.

"Go and stick your head under her arm which makes room for you to stand on her legs with your face in her face, stick your pink tongue out and WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE til you knock yourself off her legs.

She will start laughing and say "Ok, go show me your outfits" and we go for a walk! Remo lets me WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE cuz I do it soooo good, so we let him walk too!

(Since he was a tiny baby, Neo has been known as Major Wigglebutt around here.)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I like to stand with my front paws on Mom’s lap. I’m just the right height so she cannot see a thing. If she complains I turn around so my floofy tail is right where my head was so she still can’t see. This is how I get all the pets.

Violet

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of good ideas. I have solved it for today by having horrible diarrhoea first thing, and Mum says she knows just how I feel and is taking me out every time I ask. But I have had scrummy medicine and my tummy is feeling better so I think I will have a snooze and let Sophy take over for a bit...

It's all wet and windy and horrible here today, so we only had a short walk today and Mum has promised that we can play rainy day games this afternoon - that will be a really good way of keeping her out of her chair!

Poppy xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.