Poodle Forum banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Small glitch. I write a reply to a thread, click Post Reply, and it duly posts. But if I later return to the thread my words are still in the text box, apparently waiting to be posted - I have inadvertently double posted several times, and I don't think I am the only one. I do like that anything I have typed stays there even if I navigate away, but it should, I think, clear once posted, especially as the limit on editing posts (which seems to cut in even if very few posts have been changed) makes it difficult to remove duplicates.

·
Administrator
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Small glitch. I write a reply to a thread, click Post Reply, and it duly posts. But if I later return to the thread my words are still in the text box, apparently waiting to be posted - I have inadvertently double posted several times, and I don't think I am the only one. I do like that anything I have typed stays there even if I navigate away, but it should, I think, clear once posted, especially as the limit on editing posts (which seems to cut in even if very few posts have been changed) makes it difficult to remove duplicates.
I believe this is in part due to some server slowness that was not indexing responses well. We rolled out a part of the fix for this on Friday which hopefully resolved this. Can you clear your cache and cookies and verify this issue is still happening for you?

-Gerrit

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I have tested this morning, Gerrit. On a thread I replied to yesterday (Monday 10 Feb) the text was still in the reply box. I deleted it, and it has not reappeared. The box seems to have cleared correctly when I replied to threads today. So either it is fixed, or it is one of those intermittent things that are the devil to diagnose. I will let you know if it recurs.

·
Administrator
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
I have tested this morning, Gerrit. On a thread I replied to yesterday (Monday 10 Feb) the text was still in the reply box. I deleted it, and it has not reappeared. The box seems to have cleared correctly when I replied to threads today. So either it is fixed, or it is one of those intermittent things that are the devil to diagnose. I will let you know if it recurs.
I hope it's not the latter, for my own sanity. But if it is, let me know.

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
Ads on this site are purchase in their own vetting way. As mentioned, if there is a specific issue with an ad, whether it be due to malicious purposes, or moral objection, please start a conversation with us. Inform us of you device, browser, the URL it directed you to, and a general summary of why this is an issue. If it breaches any of our terms or rules, we can work towards resolving this. We will need the URL most importantly of all to blacklist it from displaying. Ads - in part- help support keeping the forum open and accessible and functioning, so we appreciate any and all information to help keep our ads robust, of interest, and within the guidelines we've established.

We really do hope to continue to support a comfortable experience on this site with you. :)
-Gerrit

Hi. I just got a popup ad on my desktop computer a couple of moments after logging in and changing from the black to white color background on the page. It's not offensive but popups are annoying; I thought Premium members aren't supposed to get ads? Is that correct? Even as a subscriber of NYT I don't get those. Here's the link as you requested formerly for cases like these, and I'm using Firefox. Thanks,

Vita

221 - 227 of 227 Posts