1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Watson has occupied 221B
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Dog supply
Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

for a while I thought I’d give a bit of an update. He has settled in quite nicely he sleeps through the night, takes his business outside, eats well and learns quickly. He’s up to about 25#. He rides well in the car, loves his puppy class and socialization and meets and greets people and dogs with ease. He started out quite mouthy but is steadily improving: he’s been very gentle with the grandchildren and is very relaxed with them. The other day he lay stretched out on his back while they went over him from head to toe. They are thrilled with him. His baths are no drama and he seems to enjoy them. His tolerance for face clipping has improved faster than my my skill and he is pretty used to being up on the table for the daily groom.
Watson’s powers of detection arrived honed to a fine level. He will find any loose thread or misplaced item and solve such mysteries all too quickly. He bears constant watching when on the loose. He’s quite the investigator. He finds nightcrawlers quicker than a starving robin and has slurped down a few before I can intervene.
Yesterday he visited his original home to see his old pals, mom and sister. It was a wonderful visit amid a tumult of happy poodles: he had a blast.
Everything is going smoothly. The most difficult thing is keeping up with his energy level and tiring him out. Lots of training and brain work helps and both of us being retired gives us lots to time. We share the load so so far so good. It will be interesting when the lake effect machine cranks up and the snow is knee deep. We had our —very late— first couple of inches last night, which Watson loved. I’ll keep you posted. Here’s a few recent pics.

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
Love the bath photo. He’s settling in nicely.

Reactions: CNYspoo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts