Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on a waterless shampoo for Navy in my attempt to think outside the box and provide him with kindness along with good grooming. This would be just one more tool in my toolbox to meet his grooming needs. I'm thinking about it for in-between grooms to freshen him up because he can get a bit stinky. I was thinking the other day that he really would benefit from a bath every two weeks, but then I looked deep into his eyes and knew he was thinking "Please, lady, don't do it. I would rather be stinky than go through that misery you call a bath."

Also, Navy tends to be an itchy dog who licks his fur a lot (probably why he gets the stink) so hypoallergenic or sensitive skin would probably be good. I've never noticed him reacting to scents or products, but I do wonder if he may be allergic to grass. For regular bathing I have CC Peace & Kindness on order.

Anyone ever use Burt's Bees Honey/Apple waterless shampoo?

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
Waterless shampoos tends to leave the hair a little oily, mind you I used Paul Mitchell's on old girl Flower , but I have also used on my cat. It worked better on fur versus poodle hair.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't know about their waterless shampoo, but I've used Burt's Bees conditioner before, and it was kinda 'meh' on the conditioner scale. It smelled okay, but it didn't really cancel any stink or anything. I really like the Wahl products and would use those if people in my family weren't sensitive to the smell of it. It didn't give me a rash, though, which speaks to its hypoallerginicness (is that a word? It is now) since I myself have super sensitive skin.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone. I feel the need to try one or two of those mentioned just to see if I can keep Navy more comfortable during grooming by reducing the frequency of real baths. I think it might be time to lower my groom expectations for him, and just keep him comfortable. I've given up on poodle feet, now I'll try a reduced bathing schedule by filling in with a waterless shampoo.

I'll report back with how it goes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts