Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort for hubby and I to not kill eachother we decided to occupy a little of our time by taking Saleen on her first trip to our local city park. I wanted to see how she would react to ducks, and critters, and water and the like. We also took Jazz who also had a good time.

I was pleasantly surprised by Saleen's reactions to the park. I expected her to be a little cautious and more observant. Nope. She came right out of the car and didn't slow down the whole time we were there. We discovered she has a real love of water and she didn't mind the ducks. A goose made a big deal about her getting to close to wear it was swimming and honked and flapped it's wings and hissed, she backed up pretty quickly but didn't run and didn't seem frightened. Good Girl!

·
Registered
843 Posts
She is a sweetheart and looks like she has good personality as well.
Isn't it the most pathetic sight...poodle with wet legs and dry body?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jazz looks like shes just sitting there thinking, "go ahead, run and play in the water, get wet and probably dirty, I'll just watch, cause I know what comes next for you, Ha Ha, you'll probably be in need of a bath and grooming, I'll stay clean and not have to have a bath when we get home". Looks like Saleen had a ball.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROFL, You know what Fuz.... I sure hope that wasn't what she was thinking. When we got home I let Saleen air dry and she doesnt need another bath. Jazz on the other hand is right at this moment sitting in the bathtub in dye.

I guess I'm a mean mommy- oops

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
ROFL, You know what Fuz.... I sure hope that wasn't what she was thinking. When we got home I let Saleen air dry and she doesnt need another bath. Jazz on the other hand is right at this moment sitting in the bathtub in dye.

I guess I'm a mean mommy- oops
What color are you dyeing her? Poor Jazz got a bath after all. LMAO!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was trying to dye her green for St Patty's. Operative word here being "trying".

Unfortunatly food coloring isnt an exact science and isn't the best dye. It didn't take in most places in spite of an hour processing time and in the places it did take it's either a) a very very light grass green(which would be ok if it were all over), or B) a jungle green type color. Of course the one place I DIDN'T want it to take was her skin which is why I did the application with a spray bottle and then worked through so it would get just the top part of the hair. No dice, her skin is blue with the exception of the base of her tail. Ironicly I washed her face right away trying to remove the food coloring and it's blue too. Weird. I guess I'll take her in to work tomarrow and try this again with something better. Maybe I'll mix a touch of manic panic into the food coloring and see if that yeilds the color I am looking for. Or maybe I'll just dilute the manic panic in water to get that light dusting of green I was going for.
It doesn't help that the dryer I have at home is crummy so I can't dry her properly. I might like the color better when it dries... we shall see :) Though I can report that the parts of her that I was able to dry before I got disgusted and gave up the light green color all but disapeared once the hair was dry.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait I take back the comment on food coloring not being the best dye. I just looked at my arm and notice that I am green LoL. So is a corner of the bathtub and the shower curtain. Nice :shot: LoL

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
LMBO!! You sure had yourself a project. I hope your new idea works for you. I think the poodles look so cute when they are dyed. And, I hope you post a picture if it takes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts