Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Mannn, T&T is back on?! I don't have cable. *sigh*

Yeah, the atrocities you see on that show... I would say something even worse than a puppy as a prize would be the parents GIVING a puppy to the bratty child who threw a temper tantrum, but somehow still placed.

I've also noticed that most of these little girls can't speak well. Not vocabulary, but they all can't say their r's etc. I know most will grow out of it, but shouldn't they have by 8? (I watch a little boy who couldn't say his r's... he was 5 by the time he finally caught on... but still...)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not being able to say "r" is a similar speech impediment than the lisp called rhotacism... and most people do not grow out of it.
I didn't know that... wow. I guess at that point, you turn to speech classes. While the argument might be made "well some people can't afford it", I know for a fact that that is bologna. My Aunt is a speech pathologist, and before she worked for the schools, she worked for the state and with little kids who were on vouchers, i.e. the parents didn't pay, the state covered it. The parents just have to be smart and sign up for those sorts of things.

Anyway, I'm sad I missed Toddlers and Tiaras, I love that train wreck!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I didn't know that... wow. I guess at that point, you turn to speech classes. While the argument might be made "well some people can't afford it", I know for a fact that that is bologna. My Aunt is a speech pathologist, and before she worked for the schools, she worked for the state and with little kids who were on vouchers, i.e. the parents didn't pay, the state covered it. The parents just have to be smart and sign up for those sorts of things.

Anyway, I'm sad I missed Toddlers and Tiaras, I love that train wreck!
I wonder if speech classes would help for something like this? I don't know much about it, but since my first language has a lot of r's in the words it's very noticable when someone has rhotacism in my country.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I don't know much about it, but since my first language has a lot of r's in the words it's very noticable when someone has rhotacism in my country.
Isn't it sad that the name for the disorder starts with the "r" sound???? Someone with the disorder won't even be able to SAY it correctly! :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, speech therapy can help with it. We have a family in our church that had all four children struggle with various sounds - r's, y's etc. and therapy did ALOT for the kids. However, it took years and the oldest still has trouble, but the rest of them seem to have been able to correct it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What a horrible prize imo, I'm sure the kid was thrilled, however it's the parents thats going to be taking care of the dog, well they could always sell it I guess.

BTW, Isabella is a pageant girl (well pageant baby) as some of you know, but It's just something we do for fun-we don't take it that far (especially since she has no voice or will to WANT to do it yet) She is able to compete this year for the Arkansas Cover Miss title after winning a preliminary, however the cost is crazy and mama said nooo,lol.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts