Poodle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have Netflix..............watch the Netflix documentary series called "DOGS" episode #4 called 'Scissors Down'
about two japanese groomers who come to the USA to compete at the Groom Expo in L.A. It gives you a good look at how dogs are thought of in Japan too! Very interesting!

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Oh no - I don't get Netflix - can you give a short summary?

I've been to China and South Korea - and in the cities you see small dogs all dressed up, fancy leashes, clothes, shoes - lots of poodles and other small, cute purebred dogs. They are usually well behaved.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no - I don't get Netflix - can you give a short summary?

I've been to China and South Korea - and in the cities you see small dogs all dressed up, fancy leashes, clothes, shoes - lots of poodles and other small, cute purebred dogs. They are usually well behaved.
It gives you a look at how dogs are treated like children because many women work a lot, are not married, and don't have children, so dogs take that place. Also that culturally the bond between man and dog is very close as Buddha was a dog before he became a man! It also interviews some dog owners in Tokyo about how they think of their dogs. Then in the Grooming Competition it gets into the differences between USA and Japanese styles. Features some well known groomers!

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Wish I had Netflix - maybe this will be a DVD my library will buy when it's available so I will see it eventually. Thanks for posting about it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Finished watching Pick of the Litter today...never considered all that dogs have to go through to become service dogs, especially guide dogs. And hats off to the people who take the time to train them to help people in need. The best part of the show, though, was when Patriot was reunited with his former caregiver/trainer. That was true love between a person and his dog right there :)

Any other suggestions of shows involving dogs that might be worth watching? Thanks for starting this thread, Molly :)

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Finished watching Pick of the Litter today...never considered all that dogs have to go through to become service dogs, especially guide dogs. And hats off to the people who take the time to train them to help people in need. The best part of the show, though, was when Patriot was reunited with his former caregiver/trainer. That was true love between a person and his dog right there :)

Any other suggestions of shows involving dogs that might be worth watching? Thanks for starting this thread, Molly :)
There’s another one called «*One day*» or «*One week*» and one of the episodes is about show dogs I think. Again, bad memory, sorry...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
For those of you who have Netflix..............watch the Netflix documentary series called "DOGS" episode #4 called 'Scissors Down'
about two japanese groomers who come to the USA to compete at the Groom Expo in L.A. It gives you a good look at how dogs are thought of in Japan too! Very interesting!
There’s another one called «*One day*» or «*One week*» and one of the episodes is about show dogs I think. Again, bad memory, sorry...
"7 Days Out"

I recommended both of these to the forum recently :) So good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.