Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a towel dried and then fluff dried picture because it always cracks me up how scrawny she looks all soaked. 🤣 I’m enjoying this puppy fluff for a few more months and then she’ll be shaved down for the summer. I’m already sad about it. 🤦‍♀️

when I tried to take a pic in the sunlight, all I got was an invitation to play:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Ooooh, I love a fluffy poodle.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brodie got trimmed up today, 18 weeks first real groom job, very fluffy. View attachment 473252
Oh goodness he is adorable! I only trimmed her hind end a little. I was going to touch up her feet (did them outside this weekend, do not recommend!) but she was done, so we were done.

Reactions: Liz

·
Registered
181 Posts
Winnie had all her puppy fluff up until a couple of weeks ago. She looked like a bear but it was sooooo long and a nightmare to brush. I decided to go for it. She got clipped down to about an inch and a poodle shaved face. I thought that I would miss my hair bear but it was the best decision ever. When it started to snow I thought I had made a big mistake and should have left her a bit longer. She hasn't missed any of her hair at all and will take any opportunity to go outside and play no matter what the weather is (although I do have a coat for her and she doesn't mind wearing it - it's more for the rain so it's easier for me to dry less wet bits). Her hair is also more curly now its short and it feels like velvet chenille as it's still puppy fur. They look cute as bears but I love her looking like a poodle now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the pics!
The teddy bear look is cute, but Starla’s never gone more than a weekish without having a face shave since the breeder started it. I like it nice and short; I can’t stand wiping off dog drool/water. I love her long, long fluff but we have a pool, so she’s going to be shaved down pretty short when we start swimming.

Reactions: WinnieThePoodle

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love the pics!
The teddy bear look is cute, but Starla’s never gone more than a weekish without having a face shave since the breeder started it. I like it nice and short; I can’t stand wiping off dog drool/water. I love her long, long fluff but we have a pool, so she’s going to be shaved down pretty short when we start swimming.
Yes that's what I like about the face shave. I would end up with water drips all over the floor from her drinking. It's great having a dry floor now. She also looked really tubby with her full hair and I was worried she was putting on too much weight. When I saw her shaved face and slim body I thought I was picking up the wrong dog. :LOL:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this the place to share puppy photos? Here's Belle again. She has grown so much in one week. Had to take her to Petsmart and get a new collar and name tag. She really needs a face clean up, but I dropped my Bravmini today and even though I tried taping it together, I'm afraid it's over. Have a new one coming.
IMG_4096.jpg

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
Is this the place to share puppy photos? Here's Belle again. She has grown so much in one week. Had to take her to Petsmart and get a new collar and name tag. She really needs a face clean up, but I dropped my Bravmini today and even though I tried taping it together, I'm afraid it's over. Have a new one coming. View attachment 473278 View attachment 473278
Hi @Silverbelle - You can share puppy photos over here: Puppy photos! Post Yours Here!

Or start a “52 Weeks” thread, which is a challenge to post at least one pic per week: 52 Weeks of Your Poodle

I’m going to close this thread out of respect for Starla’s mom. But if she wants me to re-open it at any time, I’m happy to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.