Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody is a 5yr old Mini Apricot Poodle and he has a wart thingy on his back which seems to be getting bigger slowly. He has recently had 2 or 3 spots with white puss on his back but this thing is different, I'm sure its a wart but it seems to have a dark centre, so chemicals might go into his blood stream. Its only about 5mm wide but id like it to heal.

Please look at the pic and tell me what you think I should do?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought id check here before going to the vet, its only a tiny lump so far and my dog is unaware of it since it turned up about 2 to 3 years ago, but it is slowly getting larger.

it could be a "Cutaneous inverted papillomas are most often seen in young dogs between 8 months to 3 years of age. These lesions are usually on the abdomen and groin and are small, raised masses with a central pore opening to the skin." This sounds more like that bump as it has a central hole that I've not seen on warts.

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
Definitely consult with your vet on that. It looks like something I would want to have removed or evaluated.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hie yourself and Cody off to the vet, sir. Even if it should be "just a wart", those are contagious to other dogs (or Cody got the virus from another dog). Whatever it is, it looks quite irritated. Is it where he can scratch at it?

It's far easier and less expensive to have it evaluated, possibly removed, if it's still quite small. Is there only the one? Is your vet one that you can send photos to, to go give some guidance?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well now I know exactly what those are: sebaceous adenomas. Zooey is seeing a dermatologist for them. That one in the picture is in the infected stage, so hopefully you got antibiotic ointment. Zooey gets Muricin put on twice/day. Once the infection is gone, she will have this one and several more frozen off. They are benign 99+% of the time, according to my dermatologist vet, but when they come and go like this and get infected, it is time to remove them (but only when they are in the healed stage). They are not contagious to other dogs.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well now I know exactly what those are: sebaceous adenomas. Zooey gets Muricin put on twice/day.
Thank you for letting me know, I've been applying apple cider vinegar but its done nothing yet. Ill get that Muricin and get it sorted now. My other dog has one on his foot that he constantly licks but its not infected. Thanks Xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts