Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I mentioned I purchased a couple of Poodle books on Amazon. I received Shirlee Kalstone's book on grooming and really like it. However, I ordered The Complete Poodle by Dell Dahl and recieved a book by Linda Hopkins. At first I figured it was an honest mistake, but the Hopkins book is more common and the price I paid for a used copy was high. I paid over $10, and it can easily be found on Amazon or Ebay for less that $5. I think the seller intentionally listed it in the wrong place to get more money. I did send it back and am waiting for a refund. If I get the refund, it's not a huge deal, but I have to wait that much longer for my book. (I ordered it off of Ebay this afternoon.)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
hmmmm I buy from Amazon all the time - of course when you get the used books - the seller can be different each time. Hope you get your refund soon

·
Registered
216 Posts
I buy off Amazon here in England and have never had a problem. They are quick to post out and I've always had what I ordered. One thing though, I always buy new.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I have nothing against Amazon, although I usually check ebay first. I just wanted everyone to make sure they're careful. I still haven't gotten the refund, but if it's not here by the end of the week I'll post the seller.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Amazon used section is the same as ebay. You have to check sellers ratings. These are individual sellers not amazon selling the book. I buy used books from amazon all of the time and only buy from sellers with a 97% and up rating. I also choose sellers closest to my location so it ships faster lol

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Amazon used section is the same as ebay. You have to check sellers ratings. These are individual sellers not amazon selling the book. I buy used books from amazon all of the time and only buy from sellers with a 97% and up rating. I also choose sellers closest to my location so it ships faster lol
Yep.

I buy from amazon multiple times a week... and 99.9% I only buy FROM amazon.

Amazon Prime = awesome, compare used + shipping to new with free shipping. And often New wins. And I get it in 2 days.

My UPS man is not happy haha.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Ditto :)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I found "Poodle Clipping and Grooming: The International Reference" Hardcover, 2000 from Larry Kalstone, Shirlee Kalstone for $15.58 and "The Complete Poodle Clipping and Grooming Book" Hardcover, 1981 from Shirlee Kalstone for $2.75 on the http://product.half.ebay.com. I like this source better for my books :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, I want to get another copy of Kalstone's book for my SIL. She's a groomer and has a spoo, so I think she'd really enjoy it. I bought The Complete Poodle off ebay for $13.50 including shipping.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I buy off Amazon all the time. I had a horrible experience with one of their buyers and Amazon held true to their a-z policy. they even gave me a $10 certificate for my trouble.

Debby

·
Registered
372 Posts
I buy all my movies and books off half.com... and that's where I sell my stuff too. LOL

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be careful about buying from International Books and Proquo Books, aparently they have two names. I just got an email from Amazon that my refund has been processed. This came minutes after sending a second email this week telling them that I was considering contacting Amazon directly about the problem. I sent them an email on Tues nicely asking if the book had arrived and when I could expect my refund. I had to threaten them to get a response. If you buy The Complete Poodle make sure the author is listed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts