Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
It's nice to find this busy forum and I look forward to getting to know the folks here.
Not one to talk about myself... but anyone can read about 'us' via my website.

I can say, that was a trick question, while registering, asking how many dogs I have. Is that living with me? Then it's just one, Myles, right now. It's terribly quiet and I'd much rather be around a dozen... or so! :)

Thanks for the opportunity to visit with other poodle fanciers.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Hello Everyone,
It's nice to find this busy forum and I look forward to getting to know the folks here.
Not one to talk about myself... but anyone can read about 'us' via my website.

I can say, that was a trick question, while registering, asking how many dogs I have. Is that living with me? Then it's just one, Myles, right now. It's terribly quiet and I'd much rather be around a dozen... or so! :)

Thanks for the opportunity to visit with other poodle fanciers.
Welcome !

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks!
I'm not sure how this forum works but I'll do my best to figure it out. :)
I see some interesting conversations going on now... lots to read!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fluffyspoos;

Yes, there aren't many 'good' breeders in Utah, as you have probably discovered.

In Davis County? Have you been attending any of the shows up there? I have about 6 pups in your area, Ava and Grace have shown local to you. Wonder if you caught her in Farmington? Amelia will hit the next UKC show for some experience before going back in AKC. (she needs 'maturing') <g>

I'm curious... I see you've been a member since Aug but a post you made a couple of days ago stated you still don't have a standard poodle of your own.
Are you looking for one of the rare colors? (Asking since so many people seem to put color choice first.)

Welcome to the site! I remember visiting your website once upon a time after looking for breeders in utah, as I'm in northern utah myself! ^^ Davis county![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Hi and welcome !

I met one of your pups out here in CA , I forgot his name but I remembered the owner heather collins :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, that would be our silver boy, Malcolm. He, and Heather, are doing well... 'should' get his last win for his UKC title next month, then onto more AKC showings.
I think he already has decent hair so he won't have to wait all that long. Enzo was cut into a CC early too, wasn't he? It should help. Are any recent pictures of him posted somewhere to see?
Will you be attending the regional show or Eukanuba? Must be nice to be so close.
I would like to attend, as Ava is entered, but am waiting to see when the puppies arrive first.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes, that would be our silver boy, Malcolm. He, and Heather, are doing well... 'should' get his last win for his UKC title next month, then onto more AKC showings.
I think he already has decent hair so he won't have to wait all that long. Enzo was cut into a CC early too, wasn't he? It should help. Are any recent pictures of him posted somewhere to see?
Will you be attending the regional show or Eukanuba? Must be nice to be so close.
I would like to attend, as Ava is entered, but am waiting to see when the puppies arrive first.

O that is right Malcolm ! Maybe I can get in contact with heather so I can meet her at a UKC show. Every time we go no poodles lol I was the one who told her about UKC when we first met so that is good he is almost towards CH in UKC.

When we first seen Malcolm he had a bunch of hair , his coat looked good.

Enzo was cut when he was 12 months old we did not cut him early.

This is the only picture I have of his cut he was not finished I will try to get some new pics of enzo on Wednesday

Yes I will be at the Long beach show watching , I will look for ava for you and take some pics if you can make it. If you can make it lmk It would be cool to meet up. I assume from you site you know chris Bailey ? She has been such a big help to us. I should be going to look at her puppies she has now if all goes well for my friend ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Chris is a fabulous show groomer! Nice that she's helped you out.
They have Ava's brother, AJ with them... but he's 'maturing' before going out. Wait till you see him... great mover! I heard they'll take him out in some small shows at the start of the new year.
That would be great if you could take some pictures for us of Ava, if we can't make it. It will be heavy competition there, with fabulous dogs. I'd hate to miss it.
Hope to meet you one of these days. Enzo looks great and his color is really striking! He'll get loads of attention and that is a good thing... we need to see more color!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes, Chris is a fabulous show groomer! Nice that she's helped you out.
They have Ava's brother, AJ with them... but he's 'maturing' before going out. Wait till you see him... great mover! I heard they'll take him out in some small shows at the start of the new year.
That would be great if you could take some pictures for us of Ava, if we can't make it. It will be heavy competition there, with fabulous dogs. I'd hate to miss it.
Hope to meet you one of these days. Enzo looks great and his color is really striking! He'll get loads of attention and that is a good thing... we need to see more color!
Cool If Aj is out her home maybe I will get to see him soon.

Yes last year all the big shot handlers where present ! I don't think a lot of dogs shoed up tho. It was weird. Only like 12 or less came. But I did go the day of the long beach kennel club show not the eukanuba.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Yes, there aren't many 'good' breeders in Utah, as you have probably discovered.

In Davis County? Have you been attending any of the shows up there? I have about 6 pups in your area, Ava and Grace have shown local to you. Wonder if you caught her in Farmington? Amelia will hit the next UKC show for some experience before going back in AKC. (she needs 'maturing') <g>

I'm curious... I see you've been a member since Aug but a post you made a couple of days ago stated you still don't have a standard poodle of your own.
Are you looking for one of the rare colors? (Asking since so many people seem to put color choice first.)
I know of the shows, and I would LOVE to attend one, I just don't know where the place is at or how to get in to see them.

And as far as colors go, I'm not picky. I just don't want huge standards, so I'm trying to find one on the smaller side that's healthy and has the perfect temperament to train for retrieving game.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I know of the shows, and I would LOVE to attend one, I just don't know where the place is at or how to get in to see them.

And as far as colors go, I'm not picky. I just don't want huge standards, so I'm trying to find one on the smaller side that's healthy and has the perfect temperament to train for retrieving game.
I had no idea that you did not have a spoo Good catch on desertreef part :)
We have a coouple of litters planned that might be up your alley . Reds of course :) Where in Utah are you ?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I had no idea that you did not have a spoo Good catch on desertreef part :)
We have a coouple of litters planned that might be up your alley . Reds of course :) Where in Utah are you ?
I'm in Layton, no more than twenty minutes north of Salt Lake City (depending on traffic of course.)

And I really do adore reds, they're definitely on my list to own. Though I'm not exactly in the situation to get my spoo yet, I'm still with my parents, waiting to move out with my boyfriend, which should be some time at the beginning of next year.

For the time being I'm just working at a grooming salon thinking of all the fun clips I'll put my standard in. ^^

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm in Layton, no more than twenty minutes north of Salt Lake City (depending on traffic of course.)

And I really do adore reds, they're definitely on my list to own. Though I'm not exactly in the situation to get my spoo yet, I'm still with my parents, waiting to move out with my boyfriend, which should be some time at the beginning of next year.

For the time being I'm just working at a grooming salon thinking of all the fun clips I'll put my standard in. ^^
Well then it sounds like you are moving in the right direction then :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts