Poodle Forum banner

Wanting pictures of the Scandinavian puppy lion clip

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sapphire-Light 
#1 ·
I plan on attempting this on Sagan somewhat this week...I'm going to start shaping the clip on him and hopefully he will grow into it nicely.

I've never done this before..so any advice would be helpful and especially pictures. I've found a few but haven't found any at a straight on angle most are angled down towards the dog so it can look distorted when trying to use it as a guide to go by.

Also for some reason photos of white dogs are easier to judge than black dogs.

I plan on kind of cheating and squaring off his rear with a guard comb but a little unsure of what length to use. He's only just about 4 months old.

I'll be sure to post pics once I'm finished..depending on how badly i mess it up :)

#3 · (Edited)
there's a few on groomers.net too, namely I'm using THIS link as reference at the moment as I plan Paris' scandinavian puppy lion trim, as well as creating another felt poodle in that trim too. lol!

I can't use snap on combs on paris' rear very well though, she has seriously pointy hip bones that I scissor it and take it nearly to the skin on the hip bones so that the rest is levelled out as short as possible! lol. The top of her rear (apart from her hip bones) is probably a little longer than a 4F in length, maybe a 5/8"? I would prefer to be able to go quite a bit shorter though, it's just her hips prevent that!

I do use a 5F on the back side of her back legs, but the entire rest of her rear is scissored to fit the shape I want. lol

As Sagan is a pup though, it'll possibly be a case of seeing how it goes and how his structure is as to how short you can go easily! I'd start with a half inch snap on comb along the top of his rear end, and a 4F on the back side of his legs. you want to scissor the rest long anyway...

#4 ·
Thank you both, that helps a bunch. I'm sure it will look pretty goofy my first time but it grows back and then I can just try again. I really love the lion puppy cut over the puppy cut we use here..

Would it be a horrible amount of trouble if you kind of document what you do on Paris and post it on the forums or send it to me on facebook? I'd love to see how you eventually do her lion clip and the steps you go through to achieve the look.

#6 ·
#7 ·
well Paris is semi already in it right now, cos she was in the desi before so I've already got the line I want to follow, I'm just basically keeping her ass trimmed down as both her jacket and the shaved band grow out! I will take pics when I next groom her though, to show how we're going...

#9 ·
Eh..i'm not finished scissoring yet, i was in a hurry today at work and this is all I had time to do. I'll work on it more maybe tomorrow..i'm pooped for now.

I also received an isle of dogs sample pack at work today..tried some of the stuff on Sagan when I gave him a bath..it's fantastic. We may end up ordering quite a few things.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.