Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I just relocated to Las Vegas from TN in Mar. after losing our baby girl last Aug., I am just beginning my search for another toy silver girl.

I am in no hurry. Puppies are divine of course but there may be an older puppy or younger adolescent that is well socialized, genetically screened and needs a loving poodle home.

Our 7 yr. old silver angel passed from a ruptured chordae tendinae and CHF. She was just 2.5 lbs and full of life when I met her at 9 mos. Over her brief life she developed numerous allergies, low kidney and hypothyroidism. Finally her tiny little body was just too weak.

Mary C. of Ben Mars Toy Poodles, TN taught me the joy of poodles! After I retired I spent my time volunteering at her kennel and salon, bathing and drying.*

I met Darryl M. with CT poodle rescue at PCA. I confess I am poodle smitten and would love to have another silver toy girl to spoil. One that loves people and other dogs.

I am not a breeder but I have lots of responsible poodle experience, excellent refferences and would love a silver toy female. She will be spayed, cherished and registered.

I am not looking for another tiny baby but a sturdy healthy girl. If there is one just over 10" or missing a tooth but perhaps has started her confirmation that would be a good one for me!

We have a one level home with a walled backyard and have already established with a board certified vet in Las Vegas. No small children visit. We never let our girls out alone due to possible predictors.*

We have a 4 yr. mini-schnauzer. She is in size and loved our poodle, Pippa dearly. There was no aggression between them ever.

Please let me know if you have one for me. I can fly to meet her.

Thank you*
Pippa

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that your little angel left you all too soon. It's a very hard loss.

There are a few breeders that are members of PF but they can't conduct business thru the forum. The rest of us just love poodles :).

I just posted this info the other day for a member so I'm copying it here for you. HTH.

It's understandable to have a strong color preference but it's likely to limit your options. I'm adding some links for some multi-lists of breeders.

https://poodleclubofamerica.org/find-a-poodle-breeder/
This link should get you to pages which direct you to folks within PCA who can help with breeder referrals for your desired area.

https://marketplace.akc.org/puppies/poodle
These are AKC registered breeders but review their websites thoroughly. Look for OFA, CHIC health testing info in the site. If not on the website, ask the breeder to provide all health testing results and links (this will be on the dam and sire fyi). In fact, do that with any breeder you make contact with. A quality breeder will not hesitate to show the health documentation. Another measure of a quality breeder is what do they invest in their dogs? A quality breeder makes less than many might think, because the "profits" are used to improve their dogs, generation after generation.

"Poodle Breeders" Standard Poodles, Miniature Poodles, Toy Poodles Breeders Directory!
All the breeders listed here are required to do appropriate health testing in order to list on that site.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/477233365657056/
Breeders here all do appropriate health testing. You'd need to join that group.

https://www.poodlebreeders.com/
Another site with multiple breeders listed. Use the same caution.

There are some sub forums here where you can find discussions of breeders recommended, and some, not so much. They're listed at the top of Poodle Talk. Be cautious of any breeder offering Teacup size. Breed standard in the US has only three recognized sizes: toy-up to 10" at the shoulder, miniature-up to 15" at the shoulder, and standard-over 15" at the shoulder. "Teacup" is marketing, no more.

If you use the Search at the top of any page, use Advanced search for breeders in your area.

Contact a few breeders to introduce yourself. Even if they don't have or don't offer what you're looking for, it can be a close knit community. They may know where to refer you or know who has a retired adult looking for a loving home.

How far are you willing to travel? A member recently had a sad experience with a breeder, but in the process has become acquainted with a helpful breeder in the SoCal area. She might see this and check in.

Good luck! I personally love the reds, silvers, and browns, but have always had blacks and apricot or creams. I found the color faded from my notice when I found the Right poo/s and looked into their eyes :).

I'm sure some others will drop by with some additional suggestions. Good Luck in your search. There is nothing like the love of a poodle :).

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Hi and welcome. I’m so sorry for your loss.

I also understand how smitten one can be with the silver color as I have a silver minipoo. If you are willing to wait you will find your next silver, but some people prefer to get a different color after they have lost a poodle.

It’s often wiser to find a great breeder then get whatever color puppy they have that meets your needs rather than looking for a color on a puppy that doesn’t have the right temperament. Of course if you find a breeder with a silver that also matches your needs then you have the best of both worlds.

I would contact the breeders you know and ask them. They may know of a breeder for you through their contacts.

Also if this is your email address that you used as your name, I would ask the moderator to have it changed. It’s not safe to publicize your email address. You never know who will steal it for nefarious purposes.

I look forward to hearing you found your puppy.

·
Premium Member
23,572 Posts
Welcome to PF. Pose n Poos gave you some great links to help find a great breeder. I also second Skylar's suggestion of contacting the breeders you already have experience with for ideas out west. Further I agree with Skylar about not using your email as your user name, no point in making it easier for nefarious people to steal your info. If you contact the administrator they can change it for you.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Pippa, I'm so very sorry for your loss :'( You've gotten great advice and sounds like you are on the right track. I just wanted to add that I would contact Connie at Rainbow Toy Poodles in Utah. She has beautiful silvers. Also, Cynthia P. Barker of Chevanny Poodles in Utah. She currently has an older silver toy boy who I would buy in a flash if I wasn't over-dogged at the moment! Absolutely gorgeous, and very well raised.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I presume you are in Las Vegas, Nevada, right? I can recommend Mickey Kern - Newmont toy poodles. She is in Grants, New Mexico (between Albuquerque and Gallup).

828 Kingman Ave., Grants, NM 87020, 505-290-PUDL, [email protected],

1 - 8 of 8 Posts