Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started in a completely unrelated thread, but it was interesting nonetheless.

I'll start, I'm not sure how far we got with details but I am 18 weeks tomorrow. 22 weeks left and counting down, it seems like ages away but it'll creep up so fast I wont know what hit me.

This is our second, I have a daughter who turns 2 next month. She doesn't really understand what's going on but likes to point at my belly and say "baby." ...Then she points at her belly and says "baby." Then daddy's belly. LOL!

I know you're expecting your first, I remember all the crazy emotions and doubts and fears and excitement... It's a lot different the second time around because you sorta know what to expect but at the same time I am hoping for VBAC this time, I had to have a c-sec. last time so if all goes as planned I'll be experiencing labour for the first time. Of course, I find myself wondering how I'm going to juggle a needy toddler and a newborn as well as a dog and a husband, but I'm not the first person to have a second child and people go on to have even more so I know I'll manage.

How far along are you and is your bump showing yet? Have you felt the baby kick, heard a heartbeat, had an ultrasound?

Anyone who has had children feel free to pipe in, I know all us moms love to talk about our children and how they came into the world... Dads too if you're not too freaked out about the topic!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hey there!

I will be 6 months along with my little girl come Nov. 4th, I'm almost there! :whoo:

I'm definately showing, but I'm not HUGE like some people get,
it may bedue to the fact I've never weighed over 107 pounds
in my life time. :eek:

But I got a nice little baby bump figure going on, lol!

She kicks CONSTANTLY, especially in the morning when I'm trying
to go back to sleep because the poodles have woke me up, then
she starts her kicking fits, so all three of them want me to get up I
suppose! :p

Every time I go to the doctor for my regular appointment, we
get to hear the heartbeat, sounded like a horse galloping inside
of me last time, lol! I've had 3 ultrasounds so far, one when I was
7 wks and then two at five months, it was very emotional for me
to see my baby on the ultrasound sucking her thumb and moving
around, it's so unreal!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Roman's Mom- You are tiny compared to me! I am 6 months and
a couple of days now and look like a watermelon thief! :eek:

Don't feel bad though, I'm needle phobic also, I'm dreading
my next appointment with my doctor in 4 wks due to I get
to have my finger pricked to check for diabetes. ick. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah it sucks. I had to take my own blood- even drugged senseless on sedatives, I would NOT let them take blood from my arm. I am 21 weeks and just had it done last week! I ended up doing it myself, and I still sobbed and moaned the entire time.

I am freaking out today waiting for the blood results- I am RH negative, and if I am somehow sensitized, I have to get a forced hospital birth with an IV, instead of a natural birth. So I am terrified!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I know what you mean, I am terrified of IVs and that epidural
still even after everyones advice on here, this is my first baby...
so I'm excited and can't wait but I'm nervous about the
labor process...I've even had nightmares about it and the pain... :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts