Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and patiently (or not) waiting to get my first standard next year. I understand that reds and browns aren't as common or accepted (perhaps?) as blacks or whites in the poodle world. However, I can't help but be drawn to browns and reds. I'm in the Pacific NW and wondering if there are any breeders of quality breeding these colors somewhere nearby or maybe a couple states away max. I crossposted in the breeders section too, I hope that is ok.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

It's true that reds and browns aren't as easy to find, but, if by accepted you mean in the show world, maybe. PF happens to have several respected breeders as members who specialize in reds that I can name right off the bat. I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

None are particularly close but all are well worth contacting to start a search.

Arreau Standard Poodles, in Canada, I think, Ontario.
FarleysD Standard Poodles, in Pennsylvania (showed a beautiful apricot named Santiago at Westminster last month)
Nola Standard Poodles, in N'awlins :)

Good luck!

Reactions: farleysd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and Welcome!

It's true that reds and browns aren't as easy to find, but, if by accepted you mean in the show world, maybe. PF happens to have several respected breeders as members who specialize in reds that I can name right off the bat. I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

None are particularly close but all are well worth contacting to start a search.

Arreau Standard Poodles, in Canada, I think, Ontario.
FarleysD Standard Poodles, in Pennsylvania (showed a beautiful apricot named Santiago at Westminster last month)
Nola Standard Poodles, in N'awlins :)

Good luck!
They are all too far from me :(.
I'm not willing to fly because I'm 4 hrs from a real airport myself. It would be an exhausting 2-3 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts