Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an answer, Walter has pancreatitis. In cats it's a chronic not an acute version of pancreatitis. Antiemetics, antibiotics and pain meds are in order. I am bringing him back in to the vet tonight to get everything started.

·
Premium Member
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a great answer but it is an answer hopefully this will help him feel a lot better

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
That's too bad Twyla - but at least you have a diagnosis so you can treat him.

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Poor Walter! Glad you have a diagnosis and can start his treatment regimen. Hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Happy had this and after a day at the vet, he recovered quickly. It is traumatizing to see. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Oh, poor Walter! Glad you got a definitive DX and hope you can get it under control quickly for the poor guy! Boy, with you as a client your Vet must be driving a new Porsche by now Hahaha!!!! Happy healing Walter! (hug, hug, hug, hug! )

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
That would certainly explain - and excuse - his grumpiness. I hope he feels better soon, it is a horrible condition.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
I am glad you have an answer even if not a wonderful one. I think I said earlier that my vet thinks lots of cats have low grade, chronic pancreatitis because of their anatomy in that part of the digestive tract. It sounds like you are already seeing a bit of progress overnight. I hope things continue to improve well.

·
Premium Member
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
An Update on Walter

IMG_7572.jpg

Walter is feeling better, not a 100% but he is getting there

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Glad to hear that Walter is feeling better.

My sister's cat, Jack, was diagnosed at age 4 with pancreatitis. He lived to age 17. There were a few times, especially in his last 2 years, that managing his disease was a huge challenge, but some of that was also related to his age. He lived a long and very happy life.

Wish you and Walter well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts