Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Poppy and I were at the local Walmart. We shop there often and most employees know us. We were wandering around, left my shopping list at home, and around the corner came a couple of really nice handsome college age young men. One of them took one look at Poppy and lit up like a Christmas tree.

He asked to pet her and of course Poppy was happy to oblige. We had a little conversation and it turns out his parents have had 3 standards while he was growing up. He said how pretty Poppy was and what a nice personality she had and I said I was very lucky to have gotten her from a terrific breeder in Texas.
He got quiet and his eyes got big and he said "what city in Texas?"

I said Plantersville, from Betty Brown. His eyes got HUGE HUGE and his smile ENORMOUS! His parents' current poodle is about 2 yrs old and is from Betty Brown as well! We all got goosebumps over that!

You know, Poppy is 2 1/2 yrs old, and we are not exactly sure of his parents' poodle's birthdate, but he is going to check with his Mom and find out! Do you suppose she could be a littermate to Poppy? Wouldn't that be fun?

Well, after all that, he has my contact information and will get back to me on the possible sibling situation. What a fun encounter!

Keep in mind, this is the SAME WALMART, where a little over a year ago we were approached by a young man asking if Poppy was Zooey from the poodle forum. Turns out he is Jack, the son of forum member Nifty and "brother" of Nifty's girl Dulcie!

We have amazing meetings at this local Walmart. . .must keep going there!

Cathy and Poppy from the local Walmart store.....

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
That is a charmed Walmart for sure. I think it would be wonderful if this young man's family dog is Poppy's sibling.

We have had some serendipitous meetings with Javelin relatives. When I was in my puppy nesting anticipation I was in a nice local pet shop with my mom and her mpoo (Lily was home) and there was a woman there with a black spoo. We started talking and it turns out that dog is Javelin's uncle (brother of his sire). One Javvy's gotcha day we missed our planned ferry from CT to Long Island and there was an extra boat (all pretty odd in itself). I took Javelin with me up the stairs from the car deck to the purser's office to check in and while I was carrying him up the stairs a voice behind me commented on what a lovely poodle puppy I had. When we got on the line for the check in we started talking and it turns out the man and his partner have a Madela girl who is not a genetic close relative, but a relative. I ended up talking to them both for a while and gave Javelin to each of them to hold so he would get started on meeting new people. We are now FB friends.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a happy happenstance!!!! I too will be waiting for an update! What Fun!!!!

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Wow, you're so lucky. The closest I've gotten is Johanna's Zoe on PF is related to Babykins. I doubt I'll ever meet anyone with closer relative because I don't live close to Babykins's breeders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts