Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clippers are dying and I need to order a new pair...

A friend of mine that used to be an old coworker bought the Wahl Switchblade Clipper and likes it but ended up using one she got as a gift and offered to sell hers to me for $40..she's only had it about 6 months.

I just can't find much about this clipper online.. if it's worth anything I might buy it..

That's part of the reason why Sagans groom didn't get finish. My clippers died while doing his feet and ended up having to do it all by hand for the most part..which is also why it looks kind of choppy. I'm so bad at scissoring but i suppose it's the only way to get better.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I have one and really liked it. The problem was the switch and the variable speed thingy didn't work the way it was supposed to. I am not the first to have that issue either. Basicly it would come on and then whatever speed it decided was what you got. Or you would switch it on and... nothing. I had to bang it against my palm to get it to start up. Two friends of mine had the same problem but got their clippers fixed and now love love love them. I love how it felt in my hand and it was pretty surprisingly light. That's always nice. I saw they have come out with another version or maybe an upgraded version of it reccently though? It's blue and I can't think of what it's called off the top of my head but have been meaning to go check it out. I really did like the switchblade and will get it looked at at some point. I forget what the friends said the problem was but apparently it was an easy fix. On the flip side I know three other people who have one and have never had an issue at all.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Aidan, I bought one and returned it 2 days later. It was a decent clipper, but I have hand/wrist issues and the durn cord seemed so heavy it like weighed down the top of the clipper to the point that it made my whole arm/shoulder/neck hurt. Of course, I'm used to the Laube which only weighs 9oz, so I'm sure that was part of the problem. For $40 bucks, I'd get it even if it was only used as a back up.

As for the switch problems, that is a well documented design flaw and Wahl will fix it for you if you contact them.

I ended up getting a Laube Litening and really love it. Still have my Mini Micro, but need to send it off to get it fixed up. There is a screw that has seen it's better days.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I bought one (of course I have to try everything new) and I gave it to my daughter after 4 months. I didn't like the cord....15 feet of hard rigid tangles. It worked OK, I don't like it nearly as much as my new Andis 5 speed.

The reason I bought it...for the variable speeds. But I honestly didn't like the reostat knob.....The new one I have, you touch it to go up and then touch it to go slower. I think I'd put the $40 toward the Andis Excel

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I bought one (of course I have to try everything new) and I gave it to my daughter after 4 months. I didn't like the cord....15 feet of hard rigid tangles. It worked OK, I don't like it nearly as much as my new Andis 5 speed.

The reason I bought it...for the variable speeds. But I honestly didn't like the reostat knob.....The new one I have, you touch it to go up and then touch it to go slower. I think I'd put the $40 toward the Andis Excel
partial2poodles, what combs do you use with your clippers? Looking for suggestions for grooming tools as I want to learn...

·
Registered
3,307 Posts

Yeah I forgot about the knob thingy. It took a while for me to learn it. I got it though, and could operate it with my pinky finger no issue... when it would start that is :p I guess I am the only one not bothered by the cord though it does seem heavier than the clipper itself is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts