Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Remi is a 1 year old standard poodle and we just found out she tested positive for Von Willobrands disease. She was scheduled to be spayed last month and had a couple of bruises on her groin area they wanted to do a bunch of blood clotting tests before proceedin?g with the surgery. She passed all those but just found out she tested positive for the Von Willobrands. The breeder says both parents are clear on their health testing so how could this be.
Anyone else have any experience with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The breeder had emailed me the tests once but I didn't save them. Thanks for the reply we are planning on getting her spayed in two weeks and hope everything goes alright.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I would request the test copies again, and let the breeder know. Does the vet feel spaying is safe? Are there just extra precautions to take? Wishing you the best!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Oh My how scary! Maybe farther back in the pedigree or the breeder was assuming 'clear by parentage'? none-the-less the breeder needs to be informed, and hopefully the rest of the litter's owners will be advised to test their pups........
Hope all goes well for the spay, I'm sure your Vet will take all the necessary precautions to insure a safe surgery! Do update too on everything you learn so you can pass it on to all of us as an educational opportunity!

Reactions: Vita
1 - 5 of 5 Posts