Poodle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend there is a show nearby and I plan to take Max so the breeder can see him. She misses him and wants to see how he's doing. I tried to warn her that he is not all foofed anymore and doesn't look like a show poodle. She asked me to at least shave his face so she can see it but I really don't want to. I personally don't care for the typical poodle cut. No offense to those that do but to each his own, right? I just know she is going to be so disappointed and critical.

I know, I shouldn't worry about it...

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a pic of how short his face was shaved when we got him. I trimmed him right away so he could see better, then we let the face part grow out. People think he's a doodle now. They're always surprised that he's a poodle.

Attachments

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rmillstein: I got the collar at Petco but it seemed to look worn quickly. It was only about $5. If I see a better one somewhere I'll let you know. Regarding the pictures, I've seen some that are posted large and you don't have to click it. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Kela: Yeah, I think the pig tails look cuter than the top know. I definitely have to appreciate the work and talent that goes into the fancy trim.

Jenn and Todd: Good point about blending in at the show. They are doing obedience that day too so all the dogs won't be there for conformation. If I can get a pro to do the face that would be ok. I'm not ready to do that part myself!

Thanks everyone!

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the visit actually went worse than I expected. She chewed me up one side and down the other. "He looks awful, look at his face, he looks like a labradoodle, I'm embarrassed, don't tell anyone you got him from me..." This, after I spent hours brushing and bathing him, doing his nails, cleaning his ears... I don't get people sometimes.

I didn't want to admit to her that I thought all the poodles in their show cuts were stunning!

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would at least have expected her to be polite to my face and then go complain to her friends! Ha! Ha! Seriously, I'd think she'd be happy to see her puppies go to loving homes. Dogs don't care about titles.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah, it would be one thing if he was dirty, matted etc. But my only offense was that he is not a living topiary! One of my friends told me that their breeder got mad because they didn't crop the doberman's ears.

Oh well. What can ya do?

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
She did ask me to shave his face but I told her there was no way I could get in with a decent groomer with no notice on a Saturday (not to mention I didn't have time or want to spend $70 plus tip). I was very clear when I asked her if she wanted me to bring him, that he would not be in a show cut. I don't have enough experience to shave that close myself, but I'm working on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.