Poodle Forum banner

Visit with the Breeder

5133 Views 26 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  SECRETO
This weekend there is a show nearby and I plan to take Max so the breeder can see him. She misses him and wants to see how he's doing. I tried to warn her that he is not all foofed anymore and doesn't look like a show poodle. She asked me to at least shave his face so she can see it but I really don't want to. I personally don't care for the typical poodle cut. No offense to those that do but to each his own, right? I just know she is going to be so disappointed and critical.

I know, I shouldn't worry about it...
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
If I could only have 5 minutes a month to groom my dog...I'd shave his face! I looove the shaved face, hehe. (My poodle is in a continental though, hehe, I love the show cuts)

I do like doing "pig tails" instead of a single topknot on his head.

· Registered
159 Posts
That was rude of her. To play devils advocate, she did ask you to shave his face for the visit, so maybe she thought you were being rude to her by not doing that?

I keep my kids face shaved as often as I can. I do it just about every 2 weeks because it starts to drive me nuts when it gets much longer than that. So maybe she figured that you couldn't spare 2-3 weeks of your poodle having a shaved face? I don't know.

I've found most breeders to be absolutely insane, even the good ones. So I wouldn't put too much thought into it! You don't have to be advertising her dogs for her, that wasn't what you signed up for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.