Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 11 year old mini poodle, Stryder, just did his 6th single agility class since he was 2 years old (where he did 1 round of classes).
All the other dogs in the class have done foundations agility before starting this round of classes (basic athlete agility). Stryder only joined 3 classes in to this round. Why did he not do the foundations or do the start of this round of classes? Well, because he took over Haku's (my pom's) classes after Haku injured himself (not related to agility).
Well he's done fantastic! He was definitely the best in the class at class today (and is the best or close to the best for most classes)
So with 6 hours of agility classes we did this course today.

https://youtu.be/6l8K5IiuIA8

I am hoping to show veterans agility with him!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
WOW!!! I am very impressed! GO STRYDER!!! He totally looks like he is enjoying it too!

Reactions: Caddy

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Very nice- and some good handling as well!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Wonderful run, and isn't Stryder having the best time ever! So happy he could step into the class-you're a super handler, Mysticrealm.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I was really happy with Strdyer. Since he hadn't had the tunnel foundation work he was a bit confused about the tunnels initially. He knew to go IN to the tunnel but would turn around and come back out (the tunnels were always curved by the point in class when he joined, not straight so he couldn't see the other side), but last class half way through the tunnels just 'clicked'.
I was nervous doing this course because he did the course PERFECTLY the first time and I thought surely we'd mess up now that I had someone videoing us, but he was the same great boy the second time! Just gotta get those weave poles taught and I think we could go to a show and do a beginners course!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Good job! Especially nice handling on the second tunnel, getting him to the correct entrance. Well done! Keep it up, and you'll have a superstar for sure!

--Q

1 - 12 of 12 Posts