Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the video taped version of Rally completion for Novice or Intermediate? There is one near me on Sept 11 and I am thinking of taking Wren. He has never competed before so I thought it might be fun to see how he does with it.

·
Premium Member
23,355 Posts
I haven't done it myself, but I know a couple of people who have and they enjoyed it! I might work with my club's training director to see if we can offer to set up courses and have people run them and get the videos they need to send in for legs and titles.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken him in to practice an actual course since at home we can only practice individual signs because I have no space to set up anything. I hope he does well. He is so much more intersted in working with me that Raven has been.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Wren and I went to the training center and made our 3 videos for the virtual Rally Novice. I was so proud of him, he did all three courses right the first time through!! Although it was the same place we take classes, it was in the agility building, a place he had never been, in addition to all the different dogs he and handlers he didn’t know. I am very encouraged that we may be a better team than Raven and I. He is so mmuch more interested in working with me, especially in unfamiliar situations where Raven tends to shut down.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wren got his first score back on his virtual rally. He got a 98!! I was so proud of him. Still waiting on the other two videos to be judged. I feel failry confident now as long as I didnt do anything too awful like miss a sign. They all looked fairly consistent when I watched them. Have him entered in Beginner Novice at the end of the month as well s yet another try at Novice for Raven. It’s been hard to keep myself motivated to train lately.

·
Premium Member
23,355 Posts
Congratulations on that Q with such a lovely score!

It is hard to be motivated these days. Thankfully I have my weekly private training for Javelin and teaching at my club on Fridays. I then also generally rent my trainer's space for a long session on Saturdays. This week it is mostly on hold since Javelin has a sinus infection with what sounds like post nasal drip. We cut his lesson short yesterday since he was clearly uncomfortable giving heads up heeling and set ups and we didn't want to make any of it unfun in his thinking. Lily and I have rally trials on Sunday. I will work with her on all of those back up signs which seem to be a challenge for her these days. If we didn't have the trials though I probably wouldn't do anything with her.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Huge congratulations for you and Wren - what an amazing score for a virtual Rally competition.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lily, I hope Javeline feels better soon! Wren hurt his leg leaping around while chasing his ball in the yard and I was worried he might be 100% for the trial as he was not bearing weight on it for a day. Before I could get it looked at he was running on it again. I guess he is just a bit dramatic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts