Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I *totally* forgot to post these pics! There's a small town about 1.5 hours drive away, where both my mum and my inlaws live, and every year they have a Victorian Heritage Festival in their historical area of town. The whole town turns out, dressed up in victorian costume, with half a dozen street shows going at any one time (music, singing, pantomime, magic tricks, anything!) all over the place, as well as stone cutting contests, penny farthing bike races, etc etc etc. Lots of fun, and I took Paris along, though I didn't dress up (perhaps next year...)

Paris with a pair of 'steam punk' ladies

Paris posing again with victorian ladies...

Getting cuddles

me, my little sister, and Paris, walking through the markets

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and finally, me and Paris when we were waiting while hubby was taking photos of something

Next year hubby wants to dress up (he's never been to it before, I've been going to it off and on since I was a kid though!) cos he thought it was awesome, so perhaps we will be a dashing victorian couple with their prancing white poodle next year.... LOL!!! We will see....

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Can we come live with you PLEASE? Your pictures I love but I always think - gosh I want that too!! Paris is very sweet.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That looks like sooo much fun! I have a friend who is a seamstress and does 1800 to early 1900 clothes for people who do this type of stuff all the time and she goes to them. it is very neat. Your dog is such a good looker! I love the shot of you and him together, he looks so regal there... great pic!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Looks like a lovely time! As Dianne said, we have a friend who makes period pieces for events like this. I used to sew for her and it was fascinating to make clothes from that period.

Paris is lovely and so friendly.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I too loved the steam punk! Here is another couple of pics of the three, without Paris

(they were wandering about the whole day, though this is not long after we first met them, and asked them to pose for us on the street, and they did it so well!!! hehe. Pity Paris wasn't so sure about them to get a funky pose with them later...)

hubby is right into the steam punk culture, and was over the moon to find out they were going to be at the heritage festival too! hehe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts