Poodle Forum banner

Vets specializing in tiny toy neuters - TORONTO?

2729 22
Hi! I'm new to the forum.. what a neat place :)

My tiny toy is at that age.. I feel so bad about giving him the "snip".
I am also so nervous to put him under that sort of procedure.. he is such a precious little guy. He shakes even when we just go to the groomers. He is gonna sh*t his pants when he realizes we are headed to the vets to get his "boys" cut off. YIKES!

Anyway, I asked the breeder if I could bring him to her vet to do the job.. she told me that her vet doesn't do many neuters. But to find a vet who has worked on a large number of tiny toys.

So my question... can anyone recommend a vet in Toronto/surrounding areas who is gentle, trustworthy, and not a rip off? We live part time in Toronto and part time in the States where we have an amazing vet. I'm in TO right now visiting family and would like to have it done while we have a break here. Any help is appreciated. I'd also love to hear of vets to avoid!
We also have a vet in TO, but to be honest they are not the greatest IMO. I don't have great confidence in them, and I feel they gouge for every possible penny they can get. Their fee for a neuter is $550!!!

Thanks in advance for helping!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well... just an FYI that Snoops is scheduled for his blood work and neuter on May 26th. Poor little guy... I hope that everything will run smoothly. He has a hectic schedule coming up... fly on the 21st, home for the weekend, neuter, drive to Louisiana on the 28th for the weekend, drive home. The vet says that he will be fine to travel by car to La. ... I just hope I'm not putting too much on little Snoops.

Thanks everyone for helping me out with this - my post on here had helped me decide that it really is best to wait til we get back to the States for the procedure.

Oh ya! And he will be getting his double-banked canines pulled as well. Poor Snoops... :(

Wish us luck!

· Registered
995 Posts
Good luck to you and Snoops. Sounds like Snoops is going to be a pretty busy boy here pretty quick. I'm sure you will feel a lot more comfortable about things once his procedures are over with. Please keep us updated on Snoops adventures.

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for the well wishes Fuzbutz... I actually just switched his appt. to June 3rd so that he can actually enjoy his weekend in Louisiana. He can drive there comfortably... :)
One of his double-banked canines just fell out on its own as well! Hopefully the other will pop out too. Everything is working out nicely :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.