Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new car a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA tomorrow, my old 2004 Scion xA was getting tired, after 13 years things were starting to break.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Yaay for you! New wheels! You will have that car for a very long time.

I have driven only Toyotas since 1971 and have always found them to be dependable for many years and hundreds of thousands of miles.

Now you need maybe a poodle related license plate frame? And we will want pictures, of course.

Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VQ, that is why I am getting another Toyota, the Scion was made by them and the little Scion owed me nothing, the A/C system needed at compressor and the ABS sensors that only went just in the last few months, otherwise no trouble just regular maintenance.

As for poodle fun, I have a poodle window decal
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
VQ, that is why I am getting another Toyota, the Scion was made by them and the little Scion owed me nothing, the A/C system needed at compressor and the ABS sensors that only went just in the last few months, otherwise no trouble just regular maintenance.

As for poodle fun, I have a poodle window decal
View attachment 442497
Oh, I know, any line of vehicles they make are dependable, for years and aside from a new set of tires and oil changes I have done no maintenance to my 5 yr old Prius.

Great window decal! Enjoy the ride in your poodle mobile!:angel:

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Great choice with a Toyota :thumb: I'm so glad I listened to my PF friends when I was looking for a new car and went with another Toyota. They're the best!

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Congrats that is a very nice thing to get new wheels! I like your decal too.

For me the old dependables are Volvos. I've owned 3, a 1969 240S wagon that was the first Volvo my family owned. I drove it in college in the late 70s. I then did have a Saturn, but after that bought a 1997 S70 sedan from my mom. I donated it to npr last year. I also have a 2008 XC90 with 210000+ miles on it that may go into retirement before the winter if I can find a recent model year one coming off a lease or something along those lines. In the meantime my parents together had 4 other Volvos aside from the one I ended up with in college. My brother's family has two now (replacing two older ones). My aunt's family has had 3 or 4 of them and my mom takes the cake now since she has had 2 S40s an S60 and now an XC40. She keeps buying them new and then trading them in with very low mileage and not paying much for the new ones. The XC40 she leased and essentially is paying nothing for since the total cost of the lease will be less than the trade for her S60.

Reactions: zooeysmom and twyla

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Congratulations! New cars are always fun to shop for and fun to get!!!!

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Congratulations - it's always fun to have a brand new car.

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Congratulations on the new car. You are going to enjoy having a car that is without the quirks of your older vehicle. The Sienna that I got for Wilson (4)just passed 20,000 miles. My kids have been using it to run errands because it is so reliable. I still love it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Congratulations on getting a new car! I love "new car" smell. LOL My daughter had a Yaris unfortunately she didn't have it long, she totaled it early on. We had been a Toyota family for over 30 years, always outstanding service and they lasted a long time. When my duahger totaled her Yaris she ended up with a new Honda then my #2 daughter also got a Honda, also very good cars. Now even I drive a Honda...When they had a recall on airbags not so very long ago, our Honda dealership said he didn't feel they should continue driving their cars until the airbag was replaced..they did not have the new ones in stock yet, so they took the cars and replaced them with rentals for over a month until they could replace the airbags. Of course we had a choice but to me keeping them safe was a win. Hence my car is a 2017 Civic hatchback. (prior was a VW Diesel that VW bought back for emission problems)

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
You deserve a new car and the reliability of Toyota’s are legendary. I remember your loooong commutes before your company relocated. That decal is adorable:)

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Isn't it fun going from an old car to a new one? I actually thought it was perfectly normal to have to turn off the radio in order to turn on the windshield wipers. I also thought it was normal to turn on the heat first, then the air conditioning. Click the turn signal and the radio cuts out. Push the accelerator to the floor, lift foot so the car can take a breath, then accelerate the rest of the way to merge on the freeway. The car goes zero to 60. It does. It just takes a few minutes. And that clunking noise when you turn left, what was that?

I got my car towed twice in 11 days because it lost power and suddenly died while I was driving. I just got a new car in May. Vroom. So happy you got a new car Twyla. Cool. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all, I still have a healthy commute so I need a reliable car.

I am beyond thrilled and best part the dogs can now rejoin me in my travels because the heat and lack of air conditioning this summer I deemed it unsafe for them to even ride to the bike trail unless it was truly early or cool.

:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing::dancing::dancing2::dancing2:

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Pictures please! Again congrats.

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me and the new shiny car
e1b0745d-8b69-4cbd-82c8-cc82ada059c0 (002).jpg

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Awesome twyla!!! That is so exciting!

I recently went from my high school car (at 1991 Miata - my first true love) to a 2005 Mazda 6. While not a new car (it just hit 190,000 miles) it is new to me and the first car we have ever had that had a click button to unlock the doors ? Our other car is a 2001 Camry and it sounds a lot like click’s old car. Passenger door doesn’t work at all, half of the windows don’t work, one of the rear doors won’t open from inside. But I bet we will run that car until it dies. And probably the Mazda 6 too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts