Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I haven't been on the forums much..it's been crazy..business is starting to pick up but not as well as I would have hoped.

Also a cat we took in about 6 months ago in Shreveport got injured recently. He used to be just an outdoor cat all the time, in fact he was found in the middle of nowhere with stickers and everything else in him..didn't want anything to do with human contact and had to be caught with a humane trap.. anyway.. he's been living with us but refuses to stay inside..if he's inside too long he will cry and the crying will turn into this long drawn out angry scream and everything else before he starts climbing up curtains and such..so I let him outside and he always comes back.

Unfortunately it looks like he found some possum babies and made momma possum angry. He came home with some gashes in him..going to see if this might make him want to stay indoors but who knows. He's been staying in a crate while he heals..i just picked him up from the vet last night..nothing too serious just a flesh wound. They didn't even have to put him under to work on him, they said a mild sedative worked just fine..so that was good. He seems drugged up and loopy but he does seem to feel better.

I hope this makes him want to stay indoors. I've never had outdoor cats..or cats in general..i usually dont like them all that much but he's such a good kitty...he's just not very social.

Anyway... with all that said i haven't been online too much. Between working and grooming i haven't had a lot of free time! I did make time to clean Vega up and take some new photos of him though! I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He looks beautiful. What a story with your kitty. I hope he realizes that being indoors is not so bad after all.

Vega looks very regal in his new do.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
best wishes w/ kitty. vega looks so hansome. makes me really miss saleens hair. how is dodger?
glad to hear bussiness is picking up, april and may start "shave down season" which is always good money. not cheap to shave a big ol' lab or husky or gsd. lol. anyway maybe it will be similar there and things will be more like what u were hoping for?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodger is doing well..her face is very fuzzy now and I love it..she's so sensitive to clippers on her face anyway so I might just keep it like that.

I get asked if she's a labradoodle or PWD all the time though but she's cute and it's 4 less feet to shave so I can't complain.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh she's cute with a fuzzy face :) I can't believe how big Zeph is, how big is Vega? I think we measured Zeph at like 25 or 26 inches. Mel has him in a really nice clip, she's turning it into a lamb clip I believe. Basicly though it's one length all over, a little over an inch now I guess. Nice and fluffy. Clean face and round feet. He looks great in it, very boyish but still like a poodle.

I kind of wish I had a boy poodle I would totally do a fuzzy face or a donut or something. Cute! I would love to have a little mini for that. Already have a name picked out and everything, to bad it isn't in the cards.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Awww Vega is so fluffy and cute! I love his puffy legs. I am considering growing out Keden in a lamb trim when he comes back.

Poor kitty!
I have a cat that I actually let out because he was being a bully... he ended up climbing a tree in the backyard. he stayed up there for about 5 days, we tried everything to get him down, but animal control wouldnt help, and firemen wouldnt either. he finally came down(probally fell)
and has not argued with the other cats since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts