Poodle Forum banner

Vacuum Attachment for Clippers

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FUZBUTZ 
#1 ·
Now that I am going to be grooming Zulee myself, I have been looking at different clippers. I know this is a dream question, but how do vacuums attach to the clippers? It looks like it would be so much easier to have the hair (most of it anyway) sucked up before it starts flying everywhere.

I see the clipper vacuums are extremely pricey. I understand that if I were a full time groomer doing several dogs a day, it would be wise to have a commercial strength vacuum with a large container. The more I look at it, I can't help but wonder, why not use a regular tank vacuum and attach it to the clippers?

I started looking for clipper attachments but can't find any. Does anyone have some ideas or have you tried using a vacuum with your clipper?

#3 ·
That would work except the only place i have an electrical outlet is right by the front door. I'm in a strict HOA and the neighbors front and back would complain with the noise.

It won't be a big deal to vacuum. I was just thinking it looked like a really neat idea that shouldn't be too difficult to hook up. Someday, we will have a house with a yard. :D Right now the neighbors are literally 5 feet away. No yard work though.

#4 ·
I just met with a lady last night that was a professional groomer, and I beleive she had a vacume/clipper setup for sale. It was around $350.... But it would be cheaper than used. She also had standing dryers -- they were well used but worked.

I liked her and she appeared to be honest and didn't try to sell me stuff that I didn't need. This is her ad on Craigslist... Might be worth a call to her.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/1274000684.html

Of course you would have to have her ship it to you.

#5 ·
I saw what you got in another thread. You really did hit the jackpot! Thanks for sharing her ad. I got the few items I needed to start.

I'll keep my vacuum idea for a time when I can figure out how to attach the hose to the clippers. I really don't want to spend that much for a system.

#8 ·
I do my grooming over carpet.....in the living room. I use to put down a tarp and sweep/vac the hair up. There would still be poodle "dust" everywhere. Now I just set up the table and buzz away. The blades and clipper stay a lot cooler too. My cuts are pretty even now due to the suction pulling the hair up. As for the noise, it attaches to my shop vac with 10 ft. of hose, so how ever loud your shop vac is. It is nice that when I'm done clipping, I just put everything away, no clean up or dusting. I got used to the hose being there in about 5 minutes, don't even notice it now.

#9 ·
I agree with Fluffyspoos, we do our clipping on grooming tables in our garage, which is attached to our house. If it is cold in the garage we use propane heaters to keep warm, but usually do not need any heat. We also clean up afterwards with a shop vac, works great, is very fast. We usually do our grooming (brushing) in the evening in our livingroom while watching T.V. and since they are poodles, not too much hair to clean up afterwards, but any few hairs that get away from us, we take care of with one of those rollers with sticky tape on them, works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.