Poodle Forum banner

Vaccinations and preventative maintenance

1672 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  poodleholic
I read so many different things on this I am truly having a hard time with what I should/should not do.

SO my questions to ALL would be in regards to yearly (after the first year shots)- what do you do with your dogs for monthly or yearly PM? I know some states vary this question in regards to rabies.

Also what do you use if anything for a heart worm medication and fleas?

I hear of the downside in some of this now with cancers etc and it concerns me, AS Well how do the Vets feel about these things? I know when I mention breeder mine rolls his eyes, just being honest and it can be hard at times to get the questions answered that I want so I am learning to change my delivery on that because I respect and have learned a lot from breeders and many on here.

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In SC as far as I know rabies is every year, or so my Vet says so.......anyone know any different on that? I know NC is now 2 or 3 I think.
I am planning (spoos/poms do) to do the front line or flea/tick in the spring, summer and some fall as well as needed.
Heartworm we do - but I hear some have stopped this. My Vet requires that the dog is tested for heartworm if the dog misses one dose. We never have but we have been warned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.