Poodle Forum banner

Vaccinations and preventative maintenance

1672 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  poodleholic
I read so many different things on this I am truly having a hard time with what I should/should not do.

SO my questions to ALL would be in regards to yearly (after the first year shots)- what do you do with your dogs for monthly or yearly PM? I know some states vary this question in regards to rabies.

Also what do you use if anything for a heart worm medication and fleas?

I hear of the downside in some of this now with cancers etc and it concerns me, AS Well how do the Vets feel about these things? I know when I mention breeder mine rolls his eyes, just being honest and it can be hard at times to get the questions answered that I want so I am learning to change my delivery on that because I respect and have learned a lot from breeders and many on here.

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
My 8 yr. old Poodles are done with everything - won't be getting a rabies vac, either. Lucia got her parvo, distemper, adenoviris booster, and will be getting the rabies vac in Feb. Then she's done for good. I have a homeopathic doctor and vet who will sign off on the rabies certificate.

With cats, I've learned that vaccinations were either a death sentence, or a limited life span, often w/disease. Babe, last cat of a litter of 5 plus mom, was just shy of her 28th birthday when she passed in her sleep. They all lived to be in their mid twenties, with one 19 yrs. old, and after their kitten vacs, that was it, no more vaccinations of any kind. All were healthy, active cats, who never required vet treatment other than one (Babe) who needed her teeth cleaned, and one extracted - hated to do it, too because she was 26 yrs. old, but we had to. She recovered quickly, thank heavens. And yes, sometimes they went outside with us on the patio, but were inside house cats all of their lives.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.