Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all those who wrote and sent words of sympathy and well wishes for my poor new rescue poodle who was seriously ill in intensive care I wanted to update you... its been a hard few days of home care this week syringing and force feeding the little thing BUT I think we might be ok.... today he is eating small amounts unassisted and playing!!!! We still await results to see if it is distemper in which case he is still at risk of sliding into stage 2 but if its not that then with any luck he is going to make it now... of course he still has the pneumonia but he is fighting it now!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
That's great that he's eating and starting to play... Very happy he's starting to show signs of improvement.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It's amazing what Love can do! I'll keep my you in my prayers. I read in another thread that your other furbabies are ill. I hope everyone gets well soon. Hang in there and know we are here for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you all know, my poodle Henry officially got the all clear today!!! X-rays showed his lungs were clear! He is better!!! Sadly my other 3 dogs are still sick and 1 had to go back into intensive care yesterday but the fact that Henry has made it gives us hope for the others.....no-one knows what they had... canine influenza and distemper came back negative all are UTD in all shots etc....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
faithj, Great news about Henry, good luck with your other 3. I do not know where you are from, or if you are in an area where the swine flu is going rampid, but I did hear on the news last week that it has infected some dogs, didn't catch what area that was in though. Haven't heard anything more on that since that one news broadcast. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they dont know... they did tests for parvo (since he was rescued from a puppy mill and not vaccinated on a proper schedule until he was rescued) and canine influenza... both came back negative....he has pneumonia but they say an underlying illness must have caused it and they cant tell what that is!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts