Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old standard pup who pees alot. At home I don't have problems with her but at my shop I do. I try and get her out at least every 2 hours. At one point she had blood in her urine and took to vet. He thought vaginal infection as UA came back clean. Gave her antibotics for 2 weeks.
Then about a week ago she started peeing everywhere again all over shop. Took sample to vet and again he said no medical problems. He thought maybe a mental issue?
She seems fine at home but at the shop is another issue, now I know there are smells from other dogs but it is not marking that I can make out. Has anyone had issues with this? Standards have big bladders right? Could it be an attention thing, as I am grooming lots of other dogs?
Any help or suggestions would be great.
By the way crate trained, sleeps just fine at night without incidents and never in crate at shop either.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Not sure why you had antibiotics if there was no infection found, but this sounds serious if its not behaviorial. I would not bring the dog to the shop and see what happens. Also if possible schedule giving water so you can monitor this as well. If it does not stop I would go back to the vet or see another one.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have dogs at worek with me too but on a 6 month old, I would still be taking her out more often than 2 hrs. Blood tests will show BUN & CREATINE levels as far as kidney function....rule that out this week. My daughter lost her dog to kidney/UTI problems about a week ago. I helped her financially to get the best care but in the first few days, critical time was lost because my daughter minimized the seriousness.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I'm taking her in this week and having more tests done to make sure there is nothing more serious going on.
The reason she was put on antibotics the first time was because she had blood in her urine and a sticky vulva infection.
Her urine seems fine now but like I said she tends to go alot at the shop and on days she is at home not quite as much.
But she does play alot more at the shop and therefore drinks more water, so maybe she just does need to go out more often while there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts