Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,we love Olie to pieces, but now that he's been with us a while, I have been holding back on too many questions but I have a couple pertaining to some thing's he does. We are working on training daily, and it's been interesting to say the least.

We are still seeing slow progress on going potty outside. Now the last two weeks we have only had a few accidents, so it's progress but still no signs that he has to go out.

When it is time to come inside he will not come half the time and start running circles in the yard, small yard. The last week when we try to do training he will run from you literly circles in the house, or if it's tome to go into the crate basically any random thing........We are confused on this one, any thoughts why he might be doing this?

When we take walks he is great on the leash, better then my other 2!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you give me an age and a little about Ollie? I am in NC. Will be happy to help if I can. Basically he sounds like he is at that age where he just wants to see who is in charge. A short line or some basic obedience may help - but it would be silly to offer any help with out asking about him. Claudia

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Olie is about 15-16 weeks, has been with us about 8-9 weeks. He weighs over 20lbs already.

Olie is so so sweet, he has had some mouthing/little nips issues but we are seeing progress there. He gives real hugs - still trying to catch this on camera! He is really good with my 2 little poms (other then mouthing alot). He shows no nervousness at all but he is afraid at times of the ducks or swans that hang out in our lake behind the house. (sounds strange considering):)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
LOL, it seems just that he is trying to be silly : )), like a child that has to do chores and just does not feel like doing it ! If he is in the yard just to do his poop and never has a play time after that - than he is trying to prolong his outing that way - playing silly ; ). Same with the crate LOL. Just try to ignore it and give him longer play time before he has to come in and reword him when he does come in when called and don't put him in the crate immediately
after yard-time since he will get message that as soon as he is in it is a "jail" time LOL. He just needs some patience - just do not laugh or look pleased in any way when he is clowning around or even correct him since they sometimes like to get "negative attention" if they feel that they do not have attention - same as kids !!!

You will get handle of it - I am sure : ) !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts