Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are 18 months to the day post terminal cancer diagnosis of Lymphangiosarcoma, is a rollercoaster at times, last week a tired Beatrice was vomiting on and off on , she barely left her bed all last week, this weekend she was a loon zipping around beating up toys, shredding paper basically being her self, today she pestered folks for treats.
Bea is on C.B.D. oil 1ml 2x daily and .35 ml of Gabapentin twice a day. I have opted not to do chemo, radiation therapy because no one can tell me what the outcome will be, stupid rare cancer.
I know I am lucky, as sad as Covid Christmas was I still has my little Bea, that the good days still outweigh the bad
20201220_153420.jpg

·
Registered
Olive, black miniature poodle, 9 months old
311 Posts
We are 18 months to the day post terminal cancer diagnosis of Lymphangiosarcoma, is a rollercoaster at times, last week a tired Beatrice was vomiting on and off on , she barely left her bed all last week, this weekend she was a loon zipping around beating up toys, shredding paper basically being her self, today she pestered folks for treats.
Bea is on C.B.D. oil 1ml 2x daily and .35 ml of Gabapentin twice a day. I have opted not to do chemo, radiation therapy because no one can tell me what the outcome will be, stupid rare cancer.
I know I am lucky, as sad as Covid Christmas was I still has my little Bea, that the good days still outweigh the bad View attachment 472370
Haooy to hear that little Beatrice is feeling better.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So happy to hear she’s doing good this week. She’s still so beautiful and has a lot of happiness in her eyes!!
Where to you get her CBD? I’m always looking for a trusting brand to add to my boys food.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So happy to hear she’s doing good this week. She’s still so beautiful and has a lot of happiness in her eyes!!
Where to you get her CBD? I’m always looking for a trusting brand to add to my boys food.
Thank you
I get her C.B.D. from my vet, I wanted to know it is medical grade without what I like to call the added herbs and spices.

·
Premium Member
12,890 Posts
That is so good to hear. Keep on bouncing, Bea!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know I am lucky, as sad as Covid Christmas was I still has my little Bea, that the good days still outweigh the bad View attachment 472370
Glad to hear it. Give her some extra love for me.
How adorable! I hope she has more good days that bad. But I have heard, however, that dogs can do quite well on chemo. Still , it's a tough call. Enjoy all of your time with her! Hugs from Sandy and Raffi!

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How adorable! I hope she has more good days that bad. But I have heard, however, that dogs can do quite well on chemo. Still , it's a tough call. Enjoy all of your time with her! Hugs from Sandy and Raffi!
Thank you

as for chemo well when the oncologist comes out with printed versions of the same few reports you read on the internet you know that cancer is rare, only 16 other dogs have been reported with Lymphangiosarcoma ever. All but one lived between 3 weeks and 2 1/2 years after diagnosis, treated with surgery, chemo, radiation, and palladia, average lifespan was rough a year and a half post diagnosis.
Bea had her tumor removed with surgery, it has come back and spread as it did with the others.
Beatrice is happy, I do my best to make sure she is happy and comfortable, I want her to live her best life, she comes to work with me everyday and meds have improved her life for moment, anything beyond that would be wrong for me to do.
20201220_051638.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,890 Posts
Another million moments...

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fjm, I had to check the math, but yeah I'd love another million moments with Beatrice so long as she is in good stead, I have learned to live in the moment
Another million moments...

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I am so happy that Princess Bea can still have time where she is herself. I can't imagine anybody being able to resist her begging. You are a good advocate for her; keeping her comfortable is perfect.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
So wonderful to have a happy running around little dog instead of one miserable on medication. May you both have much joy in your lives:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts