Poodle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Twyla,
I am so sorry for you, the gang and Beatrice. I hope the vet can help. What you said sound like Beatrice is suffering, if everything else fails I think the best thing you can do for Beatrice is to end her suffering, do not let her last days be her worst. I hipe she gets better.
Olive

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Twyla,
I am so sorry for you, the gang and Beatrice. I hope the vet can help. What you said sound like Beatrice is suffering, if everything else fails I think the best thing you can do for Beatrice is to end her suffering, do not let her last days be her worst. I hipe she gets better.
Olive
Hun, this is why I consulted my vet. Beatrice is doing better on the Gabapentin playing, enjoying walks again, and when it comes to end of life decisions that will be between my vet and myself and no one else.
This was an update on my Beatrice's condition not a plea for advice, I want her to live her best life no matter how long or short that might be.

·
Registered
12,483 Posts
I'm glad the gabapentin is proving effective. I know that, like me, you are very well aware that there are hard decisions in the future, and that every day you can make happy and keep pain free is to be treasured. As I overheard one of our vets saying to another dog owner "We may not be winning, but we haven't lost yet!" - long may it continue for us both!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks fjm, the vet visit was to make sure I was doing well by Bea, and I think I would like your vets, mine have a similar mind set.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Silly silly Bea
Silly silly Bea, these are the days that make it worth it

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
12,483 Posts
That made me laugh - thank you! Poppy and I have our silly time first thing, when I am trying to do stretching exercises before getting out of bed, and Poppy bounces round the bed "helping". Always a happy start to the day.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That made me laugh - thank you! Poppy and I have our silly time first thing, when I am trying to do stretching exercises before getting out of bed, and Poppy bounces round the bed "helping". Always a happy start to the day.
Yea, Bea love love loves spinning, dancing when I sing song to her

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your Bea has the sweetest face and expressive eyes. I am glad you are enjoying each day together. I'm so sorry you both are having to go through this. Praying for you and little Beatrice.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well in the "Really?", Beatrice does have low thyroid results from a T4 test results, my vet says that even the humans, tests are a bit iffy, but that I should try thyroid meds on Beatrice for a month to see if she will lose weigh. I am willing to try this only because it is better for her not to have so much weight on, she is 13 pounds and a couple ounces basically she gained 4 pounds.
So we go from here
I am conflicted at times in what is best, it is frustrating not to having real answers is how Beatrice's disease will progress.
My other dogs Fannie who had mammory cancer, and Cappi who had a huge tumor on her kidney, I knew what would happen.
Sometimes I even doubt the oncologist got it right, but maybe Beatrice is like the one dog in the study oddily enough a toy poodle that lived 6 years
So hard to gauge,in dogs and cats it's mostly males.
In humans it's women post mastectomy who get Lymphangiosarcoma
Well let's cross our fingers and hope this will help.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Fingers are definitely crossed for you and lovely Bea (and the whole gang). You are lucky to have each other!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Silly girl is feeling loads better. Happily peeing and walking outside even hopped a stone wall by the stairs to chase a cat

·
Premium Member
23,171 Posts
twyla you and fjm are gems in the respect and loving care you are providing to your little patient companions. XOXOXO to both of you.

Reactions: fjm and twyla

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Reactions: fjm and twyla

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I am so very sorry you and Bea are having this difficult time. She is so very licky to have such a loving caring Mom. Sending many gentle (((hugs))) to both of you.

Cathy and Poppy

21 - 37 of 37 Posts