Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are 14 months post terminal cancer diagnosis of Lymphangiosarcoma, Beatrice currently takes 1 ml of C.B.D. oil twice a day and is taking .3ml of Gabapentin twice a day.
Beatrice's symptoms are a bit cruel in my opinion, she looks fat she weighs 12 pounds 9 oz, all gained post diagnosis a year ago she was 9 pounds, we eat normally plus snacks of fruits and veg. It's a fatty like tumor that has from her belly up her chest and around her neck.
Beatrice acts more like a 16 yr old dog than her 6 years.
Beatrice suffers from severe anxiety, things scare her badly, the CBD and Gabapentin have helped so much but her symptoms are coming back.
I am bringing Beatrice to the vet for a check up, nothing crazy no going there. But will speak to my vet and see if we can help Bea more, continue to keep her comfortable.
Right now, the big puppy at work concerns her so much that she will not pee outside no matter where I take her and she is back to barking at people again.
It is difficult for me because Beatrice was my brave girl, not much ever bothered her.
I have had pets with cancer before, they were sick, you could tell. But with Beatrice it's like here beautiful soul is being sucked away.
We go onward
Hopefully the vet can help

·
Premium Member
9,694 Posts
Maybe something for anxiety? I hope the vet has some additional ideas to keep her comfortable. Hugs from Houston for both of you.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
So sorry to hear about Bea - Know that many of us on the forum keep up with Bea. Her triumphs and low spots share about Bea and yes you are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hard at times, I have to keep upbeat because Beatrice worries about me and my anxiety.
Silly pup won't budge from a spot unless I am completely chill on are walks, no matter how I try she doesn't budge to go outside for a pee at work, happy to pee at home. The big puppy hasn't done anything at all, the big puppy is also huge 130 pounds, so I understand.
Tall people, or looming people are setting her off again, the thundershirt is uncomfortable, I intend on discussing anxiety meds, in the beginning when I started her on CBD oil, I didn't think she would live long enough for anxiety meds to kick in properly.
Thanks all for listening
Fingers crossed we can get this sorted

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
This is a sad situation but Beatrice is so lucky to have a mom who’s so dedicated to making her as comfortable as possible.

I wish you and Beatrice as much peace as possible.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm sad to read this update, Twyla, but Bea is so lucky to have you looking out for her. Whatever decisions lie ahead, I know you'll make good choices for her.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Bea is in the best of hands, love is in every look. I know she finds comfort with you.

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
12,483 Posts
I am so sorry - it is desperately sad to think of that brave spirit being overwhelmed by the tumour, as well as her youthful body. You have the comfort of knowing you have done everything possible to hold pain and discomfort at bay, and to fill her life with happiness. I hope the vet can help to keep her at ease, and you still have many months to share.

·
Premium Member
23,171 Posts
twyla I know you are doing all that is right for Bea. I can't imagine how hard it is to be at this point in her illness. I wish peace for all of you.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Twyla, I'm sorry to hear about Bea. You know your dogs so well and give the best care. Cancer stinks and strikes out in the worst ways. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
My heart goes out to you, Twyla. Beatrice is such a special little girl, and she is so lucky to have you caring for her.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Bea. Twyla you have done and are doing the best you can for her and she is extremely lucky to have you.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Another update, just waiting to get my girl at the vet post exam, I spoke with my vet I can slowly increase her dosage of Gabapentin, I will have her thyroid checked just in case but I believe that the weight gain gain and increased fear are just a progression of her cancer my vet agrees, said I was doing good by her that meant a lot. Her cancer is so rare and contrary to any cancer I have dealt with before, I had to start reading how affects equines and humans, stinks but at least she is happy and back to moving around and up for short walks.

20200910_090339.jpg

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Twyla, I deeply admire the love and care you give sweet Bea, allowing her to enjoy each and every day. You and Bea are an inspiration to take each day as it comes and to live our best lives.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Liz,
I am far from perfect sometimes like this past week Beatrice drives me to distraction with her incessant barking, but I power through and do my best to soothe her fears. At least the bad far out weighs the good, I still have good options. It was a rough two weeks, I didn't want to bring Bea back to to the vet but my vet was good he listened to me. It still stinks that I don't know what will happen with Bea.
But in the end I am grateful for this time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts