Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inch by inch, little by little cancer is stealing my baby Beatrice.
Bea isn't even 6 yrs old yet, most folks think she is much older, I weary of folks thinking she's fat.
Lymphangiosarcoma doesn't present like any cancer I ever seen, an edematous mass that had creeped along her belly up her chest leaving what I call a mono boob, now has crept up her neck and shoulders, Bea has a little trouble swallowing some food these days, days it's hard to walk far.
The cancer has stolen away my fearless pup, thankfully CBD oil and a thunder shirt has helped keep the scary world in check.
There is very little known about her cancer, the oncologist couldn't tell me what to expect, but there is so little literature about it, but what I have read well is churning through her little body. It's been nine months since Beatrice's diagnosis, I opted not to treat her cancer other than keep her comfortable and living life to the fullest. I now know I've done the right thing, the rollercoaster of days where she barely gets up to days where she relentlessly mooches snackies from my co-workers.
I am super grateful to my boss for allowing Beatrice to be with me every day.
Beatrice hang tough little girl your momo lives you.
20200302_131135.jpg

20200304_140554.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do have a wonderful boss! Glad you are able to spend the extra time with her.
I do not how I would cope otherwise, I am so glad she us with me every day.

·
Registered
11,929 Posts
I hope there are more good days than bad for some time to come. Your boss and fellow workers deserve every accolade for their kindness - it would have been unbearable to have to leave her alone all day every day.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is so heartbreaking to read {hugs}
I do my best to keep upbeat for Beatrice, she has lived longer than I thought she would so there is that, it's enough right now and that her good days still out weigh the bad

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m so sorry you are having to go through this. It is hard when your dog is young and you thought you would have more time. You are doing a great job keeping her comfortable and doing whatever it is she needs. Bea is blessed to have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,575 Posts
Tell your boss thank you for me. It is wonderful that she is living great days as she has them by your side.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
I saw the second picture and for a second there I didn't grasp that she was on your desk! How awesome is that. Right by your side where you can love her at work. Your boss is a gem, and so is Bea. Give her a gentle pat from me.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw the second picture and for a second there I didn't grasp that she was on your desk! How awesome is that. Right by your side where you can love her at work. Your boss is a gem, and so is Bea. Give her a gentle pat from me.
Thanks Click, Beatrice is actually on our purchasing agents desk snoozing while I spent the day with the gal going over finances.
My boss and co-workers are awesome, they are very kind to my Bea.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I'm sorry Twyla that your lil Be a hand you must go thru all of this. I think you are a great mama as I'm sure Be a does too. It is always painful when we know we will lose a beloved pet but you have been given some time and have been making the most of it. I do hope you get further on this journey . She certainly looks happy and peaceful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Inch by inch, little by little cancer is stealing my baby Beatrice.
Bea isn't even 6 yrs old yet, most folks think she is much older, I weary of folks thinking she's fat.
Lymphangiosarcoma doesn't present like any cancer I ever seen, an edematous mass that had creeped along her belly up her chest leaving what I call a mono boob, now has crept up her neck and shoulders, Bea has a little trouble swallowing some food these days, days it's hard to walk far.
The cancer has stolen away my fearless pup, thankfully CBD oil and a thunder shirt has helped keep the scary world in check.
There is very little known about her cancer, the oncologist couldn't tell me what to expect, but there is so little literature about it, but what I have read well is churning through her little body. It's been nine months since Beatrice's diagnosis, I opted not to treat her cancer other than keep her comfortable and living life to the fullest. I now know I've done the right thing, the rollercoaster of days where she barely gets up to days where she relentlessly mooches snackies from my co-workers.
I am super grateful to my boss for allowing Beatrice to be with me every day.
Beatrice hang tough little girl your momo lives you.
View attachment 465129
View attachment 465130
Heartbreaking! So sorry you are going through this.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heartbreaking! So sorry you are going through this.
Thank you, it was a particularly hard day when I originally wrote this thread. I try my best to enjoy the now with Beatrice, because I do not want to miss a moment with her. I can always cry later.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm so glad you are getting to spend your days with sweet little Beatrice. Our Spoo Kepler also has a rare cancer, Multiple Myeloma, and we made a similar decision, not doing chemo. Now with Covid19, both my husband and I work from home. Kepler is sooo happy. He is 5 months post diagnosis, and we cherish each day with him. Sending you light and poodle kisses.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm so glad you are getting to spend your days with sweet little Beatrice. Our Spoo Kepler also has a rare cancer, Multiple Myeloma, and we made a similar decision, not doing chemo. Now with Covid19, both my husband and I work from home. Kepler is sooo happy. He is 5 months post diagnosis, and we cherish each day with him. Sending you light and poodle kisses.
Thank you, I am glad you are getting to spend time with Kepler as well. It's been 9 months since Beatrice diagnosis and I take her with me to work and any where else I can. Living in the now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts