Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious who else will be showing in New England this summer. Our first show is May 22 in Maine. It's supposed to be a great one for practice. Few Poodle entries--perfect for me to embarrass myself for the first time :). I'm completely stressing out over getting his hair right for this. I'd love a judge who doesn't allow hairspray, floppy topknot I can do LOL!

After that Jas will go out the first weekend in June with a handler. Then I'll take back over after until he's 9 months old.

If you'll be attending any of these events we'd love to say "hi" at least. When Jas is with the handler I'll be easy to spot--I'll be the chick hiding behind everything/everyone so Jasper can't see or hear me :bird:.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Try not to worry to much about it! Have fun and practice, practice, practice. Everytime I go to a show I get better and faster in getting them sprayed up. I switched Hairspray the last time as well as how I re-washed braclets so that they were straight instead of curly (sign of a novice) The HS I use now it great and I will never switch, AEROGEL, recommended by Pro poodle handlers. Pricey but WELL WORTH EVERY CENT! much easier to take out after and doesn't leave a white residue nor get clumpy when taking it out. The other product recommended was Pro-line self rinse, mix it with water 1/2 n 1/2 in a spray bottle and spray and blow dry the bracelets or any other curly parts like necks or rosettes. Keeps them looking straight and well groomed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Where is the show in Maine? If it's local we may stop by to say hi (though I don't show my guys, just performance shtuff).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thestars, thanks so much for the tips! Not having a grip on products is definitely part of my stress! I'm currently using all CC products and the difference between when I bathe him, and when the groomer bathes him, is amazing. His coat looks gorgeous and shiny after a trip to the groomer.

Where do you buy the AeroGel?

MericoX- The show is going to be held here:

Wassamki Springs-Scarborough
56 Saco St
Scarborough, ME 04074

I have us entered in the 6-9 month class and AOH. I'll be the one with the puppy pulling up grass like there's no tomorrow LOL. We were past all of this, so I hope after this brief laps in common sense that he'll be back to best behavior before the show. I so wish this show were indoors!

Harley_chik- Thank you so much, we appreciate (and need!) the support!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts