Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after our last foster dog was adopted we bought a house this summer and decided to get a forever puppy. After waiting and watching for a couple months this little guy fell into our laps and we fell in love. We named him Shadow. Has anyone seen parti markings like this? We did meet the parents, blue parti mom and blue dad. After looking up a million pictures of parti pups I'm not seeing many that have a similar pattern. Only asking out of curiosity since I'm relatively new to poodle still ☺

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
He’s absolutely adorable. comg on your new puppy Shadow.

·
Premium Member
23,244 Posts
He is truly unique and very adorable (and seemingly unique). Congrats on the house and the forever pup.

·
Super Moderator
3,381 Posts
Shadow is a beauty! His marking indicate he's a Parti Poodle with Ticking (spots).

There's another category called abstracts or mismarks, but these have to have less than 50% white, so you can rule out that.

You can read about partis with ticking here, here, here, and Multi-patterned poodles here.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Love those partis - They all wonderful patterns. Hope we will see more pictures of this lovely pup.

·
Super Moderator
1,528 Posts
Hello. Shadow is a Merle poodle. Very nice markings
I was wondering about merle too, because one eye looks blue in the first photo. I changed my mind after I zoomed in and decided I was actually looking at the white sclera, not a blue iris. Without the blue eye Shadow looks like a parti with a lot of ticking to me.

Clearly only one thing will answer the question about this cutie: more pictures!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was wondering about merle too, because one eye looks blue in the first photo. I changed my mind after I zoomed in and decided I was actually looking at the white sclera, not a blue iris. Without the blue eye Shadow looks like a parti with a lot of ticking to me.

Clearly only one thing will answer the question about this cutie: more pictures!
Definitely no blue in his eyes! He has nice dark brown beauties. ☺

1 - 15 of 15 Posts