Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a poodle for our family and came across this guy. He is a rescue. He looks very unique to me, I haven't come across any like this. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He's adorable! He will watch out for your family and provide lots of love. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Aww, he is so cute! Really unique looking too!

I love how he has the black ears with a merle looking coat.

He is definitely a cutie, though I'm not sure what he is mixed with. Definitely looks part poodle. Good luck with him!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Looks like he is mixed with Cocker spaniel as the markings on his coat are called "ticking", which is very rare in poodles.
If you are getting a poodle because you are concerned about allergies, make sure to spend some time with him before bringing him home incase he is a mix and does not have the hypoallergenic coat.

He's very sweet looking and I hope he fits well with your family. Thank you for rescuing!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
What an adorable little one. I don't know the mix but it is a very interesting coloring. I've never seen ticking in a poodle before. I love his black ears!

:welcome: to the forum.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like he is mixed with Cocker spaniel as the markings on his coat are called "ticking", which is very rare in poodles.
If you are getting a poodle because you are concerned about allergies, make sure to spend some time with him before bringing him home incase he is a mix and does not have the hypoallergenic coat.

He's very sweet looking and I hope he fits well with your family. Thank you for rescuing!
I was afraid he was a mix, but the cutest mix there ever could be! I would love to be able to adopt from a rescue, but you guessed right. I'm looking for a poodle due to my allergies. Any purebreds I find at a rescue are scooped up faster than I can dial the phone. Otherwise they are puppy mill rescues, and my six year old daughter wouldn't be able to provide the patience needed with those. He's six hours away from us, so even with the 7 day 'trial' fostering they allow, it would be senseless to try and do that if it doesn't work out.

The search continues...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

I have a Parti Poodle who is ticked, there are many white Poodles whom have ticking so its not a rare as one may think ;)

Also about your allergies are you specifically allergic to dogs? Is it just the dander or is it the saliva?

Yay for rescuing! Have you looked at a Poodle only rescue? Try searching Petfinder.com and Adopt-A-Pet.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I've never really figured out what it is about pets I'm allergic to. I grew up with poodles so I know I'm safe there. My sister has a schnauzer, which I have read are hypo-allergenic, but I can't be around him though for long periods.

Thanks for posting the adopt a pet link, I haven't used them yet. The MO poodle rescue doesn't have much available when it comes to poodles, lol. It's also been a bit limiting looking for a rescue poodle that's good with kids under 10, that don't need another dog in the house, and isn't too old. (Couldn't break my kids heart with their first dog passing on within 3-5 years of getting him.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts