Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! So I got Dex this weekend...he's great! Assimilating to his new environment wonderfully! He's cute as a button...looks like a teddy bear. He went to the vet today and got a clean bill of health and is tipping the scales at 3.3lbs...I think he may be big! I noticed after I got him home that he had an under bite, I'm not sure if it's slight or not...I'm not real familiar with under bites. I asked they vet about it and he said he would be perfectly fine with it...it wouldn't affect his health (I have no plans to show or breed...just a lovable pet). I called the breeder (she's very new to breeding, only on her 2nd litter) and she said he had not noticed and the vet she had taken him to had not mentioned it. I called the vet as well and they had no records of it. Is this something he may grow out of? Does anyone have any experience with under bites? The breeder said I could take bring him back if I wanted...but I don't have the heart to do that. My pup may just have a goofy little smile when he grows up! :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Your vet is right, unless the bite is severe it won't affect your new baby in the least. More than likely you yourself will forget it's there as your puppy grows and probably won't be able to see anything unusual in smiles :)

Another note is that depending on how old Dex is his bite could change. I frequently have puppies that have overshot mouths at 8 or 9 weeks that go level or undershot (tibetan spaniels are supposed to have an undershot mouth), in a few weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, he's only 7 weeks old...so I though it may be a possibility that he could grow out of it. I think it may be what makes his face so cute...he face was fuller in more smooshed that his litter mates...making him look like a silly bear cub! I'm sure it wont make too big of a difference either way...I love him too much already to even consider taking him back. He is soo sweet...he's actually sleeping at my feet under my office desk as we speak. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts