Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Atticus knowing he had an un-decended testie hoping it would eventually drop. But it hasnt yet! He has one but the other one is still inside him. What happens if it doesnt drop? Could it cause complications? Our dachshund had one but his was under skin further up in his belly so when they neutered him it was fairly easy. But Atticus' is no where to be found. Today I feel a little tiny lump on his side kind of by his belly, could this be it or could it be something else? The vet is closed tomarrow so I'm going to have my mom bring him in on Monday to get the lump checked out. I'm kind of nervous of what it could be...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to go into the abdomen and fish it out. It can NOT stay because it can become cancerous. It will cost more than a regular neuter surgery. Was his purchase price discounted because of the retained testicle? If not, you should approach your breeder about paying the difference in price.
Yes I payed wayyyyyy less than the original cost, the breeder told me about it ahead of time which I really appreciate. I didnt really care since my mom works at a vet I get the neuter for free, the only thing I'm scared of is him staying under anesthesia for longer than he needs to be. He's so tiny I dont want something to go wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.