Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sammie went on a walk in the woods, and as a result I spent the evening picking 40 TICKS off of him! Most of them were tiny things about the size of a period. I'm sure I missed some. I'll have to check again today.

What's the tick situation for you? I usually find 3-10 ticks on the dog a week, and we check ourselves almost daily. It's gotten worse as the weather warms up. Thank God we haven't gotten lyme disease. I already had it when I was nine and do NOT want it again.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
We have only removed 1 from moose and it was HUGE! Luckily very easy to see on his ear.

We don't have them to bad here I guess :)

I'm sorry you have to deal with that, terrible!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh no! That sounds awful! I can't imagine that many ticks! I hope it is just the season for them and they go away in a few weeks! I think I would talk to the vet about a good spray you can use or something!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He actually is already on Frontline. It doesn't seem to keep ticks off of him, just kills them once they bite.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If I take any of my dogs in the woods or up to the state park I will spray them with Flea and Tick spray right before we head out for a walk. We are pretty lucky that we do not have any *knock on wood* ticks, maybe one or two but thats only if we go into the tall grass.

Good luck! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts