Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have had hardly any snow all winter but now that spring is just around the corner, March decided to do the in like a lion thing. I wouldn't care so much if it were not for the fact that I should have been out the door just over an hour ago with Lily to go to an AM/PM rally trial. It was snowing pretty heavily (still is) and the local traffic and weather showed the roads to be a mess. We are still home, but if things stop soon enough we will try to go for the afternoon.

We did great practice yesterday and I like the judge so I am bummed.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Ugh, weather. I remember many March snows and they can pile up and be messy. Stay safe and I hope it clears up enough for you to get out.

·
Premium Member
22,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we are going to stay home. It took me a while to get my vehicle cleared and if I left right now we would barely get there in time for the afternoon trial. Bummer, aside from missing the legs, there is the loss of the entry fees, but better safe than sitting in a ditch on the side of the road.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Yes better safe than sorry. We’re at a trial and we’re supposed to get a snowstorm tomorrow. I’m working at the trial as well as competing so I feel committed to go and hope it doesn’t snow much.

I’m sorry you missed this opportunity to trial especially when you were prepared and liked the judge.

·
Premium Member
22,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we have another two trial entry next Sunday. Let's hope winter exits this week. We are supposed to have the storm later tomorrow into Monday I think. Stay safe Skylar!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well, Zephyr and I spent February in the Florida Keys, missing the snowiest February on record in Minnesota. Big shock when we got home! Zephyr is pretty sure he can't poop in snow anymore!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my -30 sounds just awful for sure. It is now actually almost 40*F here and the snow is melting away and the sun is shining. Bad timing for us for sure!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah,the weather is not spring-like at all,at least not for an extended period. March can be killer up here! I am still hoping that Sunday-Monday coastal storm stays more south; Last week we had 7-10" between noon and the next morning. Thankfully,it was extremely light snow.

Catherine,are you planning on coming up here for the end of the month shows? I hope they don't end up like the November ones that got snowed out! I want to see the Expo Center,but may just skip it if you are not coming,or just go one day just to see the venue and Poodles (conformation will be in the old building,from what I hear-we'll see how long THAT lasts!)

Queen Lily,you rock:adore:. Maybe I should have gotten a girl:aetsch:; There seems to be no end to WildMan's ..err...exuberance,shall we call it?

Martha et al

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
So sorry you had to miss your trial and sorry for the ugh weather. Here we are supposed to have a cold snap - some nights around 24 degrees and daytimes in the 40's. Not bad considering what y'all have to go through, but down here we are not used to the cold. Paws crossed that your next trial works out.

·
Premium Member
22,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Martha I had not been planning to come this month since I have a few things already committed on my calendar, March 10th trials in New Jersey and Brenda Aloff at Top Dog over the first weekend in April. That weekend is also likely to be full of papers to grade since I am giving at least one exam the week before.

I hope you will go and scope out the venue. I suppose Stacey will be there too, so between the two of you I should be able to get the skinny.

I may go to Rhode Island Kennel Club in mid April. The judges are Celeste and Dave Maurer and there are three trials over two days (2X on Saturday).

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Sorry for the loss of entry fees and experience, just I am grateful you stayed home safe. I've driven in a blizzard, and have seen the cars in ditches...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That is so horrible. Sorry about missing your trials, that is very disappointing. I can’t believe the nasty weather we have had this month. We have even had two snow days (2-3” each time) in the last few weeks and that never happens here. Our city doesn’t have snow plows so we are very ill equipped for even a tiny amount of snow. I can’t wait for this yucky weather to go away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts