Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 19 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Hmm, this isn't totally unheard of for a neutered male.

First things first, are you sure he is marking and not just peeing? Is he housetrained? Usually marking is only a small amount. A puddle makes me thing he is just doing his business.

If he really is marking, or doing a combination of marking and relieving himself, then there are a few things that might be causing him to do it. Some reasons for marking might be that he feels insecure, or certain smell of other dogs and animals you might have brought into the house via your shoes might be causing him to mark them specifically.

Though, him trying to mark your fiance might mean he feels insecure around him. Are you and your fiance living together? If your fiance recently moved in with you, or visits often(whichever is the case) then he might feel threatened by him.

Well, regardless of the cause you definitely want to stop it. Make sure you clean the area he marked with a cleaner that eliminates any remaining scent he might be able to smell. After that, when he isn't being supervised he should be crated. Make sure you watch him like a hawk when he is out and about so that when you catch him in the act, or about to you can interrupt it with a loud noise.

· Registered
157 Posts
I know it's frustrating to have to guard your shoes(a girls best friend IMO lol) and clean up after him, so I hope all goes well.

Another scenario might be he was trying to mark your fiance's shoes and any smell that might have been on them. Or he could just be feeling threatened. If he is feeling threatened and insecure it might be because he is confused as to where he stands in the pack. Not saying he is trying to be the alpha and dominant, but just confused as to his position in the pack.

1 - 2 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.