Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dang, I ran out of dog food yesterday, had just enough to feed the dogs last night and the two poos a breakfast this morning. I don't normally let things get that low I usually restock about a week before I need it. Being about unable to leave the house and absolutely unable to lift a 40 pound bag of food I've had to wait until I had help in order to go to the store and pick up a new bag. Today was the day, my mom took hubby and I out to dinner and then was in a really generous mood and told us to hang onto our dog food budget this month, she'd pick up the tab tonight. Yay, a pregnant lady never turns down free food... even if it is dog food LoL.

We get to tractor supply and darn.. they don't have and don't look like they are even going to restock the formula we feed. They've replaced it on the shelf with an extreme performance formula. We've have been using a chicken and rice version of the food. It was cheaper than the lamb and amazingly Saleen has almost NO gas on this food. It's the first time we've been 99% gas leak free since she came home! Tonight though we had to get the lamb and rice, which I would prefer to get anyhow but it was a couple bucks more and every little bit helps while I can't work.

We had our first Lamb and rice meal tonight, tomorrow I'm going to be in for it I just know! She is going to be stinky though I doubt she'll have any stool problems. That's the thing with her she can eat just about anything without getting loose stools but PHEW!!! She can clear a room!

She's not even lady like about it, she wags just as hard as she can when she lets rip and it's horrifying if we're out in public b/c she isn't quiet about it either. Long and LOUD are the order of the day when she gets going :rolffleyes:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
:rofl: I'm sorry but the end is soooo funny. I've been in the room when my dogs have let go and it could peel the paper off the walls!!

Tractor Supply has done that to us here too. Stock a brand and then suddenly change it. Hate it when they do that.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
What the deal with TS lately, I've noticed them being out of a lot of things lately. That's one reason why I decided to try Diamond Naturals, Nutro and 4life were always out of stock. Now watch, next time the DN will out of stock!

I had the opposite experience. I had go with the Chicken b/c they were out of L&R, boy talk about the gas and the food stunk too. I've been feeding lamb so long, maybe I'm just not used to it but it was bad. Harley eats in his crate, which is in my bedroom and I had to make sure there was no food left in his bowl before bed. If he started eating even one bite, it woke me from a dead sleep.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Too Funny! Zulee doesn't fart. It just smells like roses! :rose: :rose: :rose:

Oh ya, that's right. I have allergies and can't smell anything anyway. :heh:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny you should mention 4life harely chik, I had NEVER heard of or seen this food until tonight. our T.S. which is fairly new had never stocked it before and neither had anywhere else around here. They just put it out though and it got my attention. Bummer they only had large bags up on the shelf tonight, I wasn't able to flip them over and read lables. Just as well because nicholas assures that I cannot be long away from a restroom anyhow so there wouldn't have been time for research lol

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
They put them out here a while ago. They sent mailer out too w/ coupons and a side by side comparison to Nutro Naturals. I wouldn't have thought to try it otherwise. It was a decent food but not great and they recently reduced the bag size of the L&R formula. I'm a pill about that, I want 40lbs. If they need to raise the price fine, but stick w/ 40lbs. Nutro did the same thing and raised their prices.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you sound like me, Saleen has such a high matabolisim, young dog and all, that she'd eat us out of house and home if we let her. (kind of like my husband come to think of it, it's sad when you eat MORE than the pregger lady lol). I need the 40lb bag too if I can get it. I used to get annoyed with the solid gold because the formula the tibbies were eating, their small bites formula, only comes in 4 and 15lb bags. Now 15lbs lasted me a while for just the two dogs but when I lived at home and we had 5-7 dogs it was crappy lol.

I might try the performance formula for Saleen, I need to re-evaulate everyone's diet as it is anyhow. Howie is at the age where we want to watch what he eats, he just doesn't need the same amount of protein and such as Saleen does. He'll be 10 this year and Saleen is only 13 months. Then you've got Wonder and Jazz in the middle. It's nice to feed everyone the same thing but I want them each on whats best for them, which might mean more than one food.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I have tried using multiple foods,,,,,it never last and I am with my dogs when they eat. Oh but Suri is a walking woopie cushion! Seriously, I would love to know what your food mix consists of! She is eating so much better, gaining weight and we are happy, the gas has eased up but it's still pretty regular lol!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm just happy to hear that other people's dogs fart a lot too. Teddy is asleep on the floor at my feet and I think I'm going to have to stick my head outside for a minute.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I'm just happy to hear that other people's dogs fart a lot too. Teddy is asleep on the floor at my feet and I think I'm going to have to stick my head outside for a minute.
:rofl:

I am so childish about "farts" a grown woman! I just die sometimes!

:rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts