Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took them to the VCA to have their health exams done and to have a look at Tynks back right leg. She has been favoring it for a few months now and with the move and everything I could not get her to our vet in NC, so we went last night. I was worried she had LCP but turns out she has Patella Luxation in both back legs. Thankfully they are very mild grade 1 on the left and 1-2 on the right, but the vet thinks that is why she favors that leg. Her hips are not painful to her and she has full range of motion, so that is good.

Kiara, has a bacterial and fungal infection in her hears....OMG! I have been fighting and ear infection with her for over a year, it just will not go away! This vet at least gave me 2 meds for her to treat it, neither of which I have tried before so hopefully they work! She goes back in 2 weeks for a re-exam and if it is still a problem we are going to send cultures off to a lab....

Other then that, HEALTHY HEALTHY, HEALTHY!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If nothing works for your dog's ear infection, here's a link to a recipe for a homemade ear cleaning solution that works wonders:

Ear solution

For regular ear maintenance I use a simple solution of water and apple cider vinegar. In an 8 oz bottle I combine water with 1 or 2 Table spoons of apple cider vinegar and close tightly. Before use, warm up, by placing in hot water so it's warm on your wrist, but not hot. This has kept my dogs' ears infection free.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Don't feel bad I have been battling a ear infection with Luke for 2 years,we go to the vet they give us meds it goes away 2 to 3 weeks later its back I have tried everything too I have even use the home made cleaner Poodle Lover listed above it did work but again after the treatment was over back again. We change food cut out chicken,wheat, glutens you name it I have tried.

I am going back to the vet on monday to try yet another treatment. Good luck with Kiaras treatment if it works for you I would like to know what your vet used to treat it if you don't mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts