Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, my little murphy seems to have food issues. I talked about him getting the food and walking away from his dish. The odd thing is, he will only eat when I pick him up and put him in front of his bowl and sit there while he eats. otherwise he wont eat.

next, he growls at all dogs. he is only 3 months old and when he gets near another dog he growls and is scared.

what should i do? We will be attending puppy kindergarting next month, but until then, any ideas?

·
Registered
616 Posts
until then you need to SOCIALIZE. Go anywhere that has lots of kids/adults and especially orher dogs/animals. as far as the food issue it seems to me(I am no expert) that he may be showing signs of seperation issues. Maybe put him in front of the food bowl and as soon as he starts eating sit around the corner from him so that you can poke your head around to reassure him you are still there and then each time you do this move further away and soon you wont be neR HIM when he eats. If he leaves his bowl just pick him up and put him back. I would only do this for a couple of days and if he still doesnt eat put his food out tell him to eat and if he doesnt, take his food bowl away untill the next feeding.

Lke I said, I am no experet this is only a thought that came to mind. I could be ALL wrong!! lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts